Windows 10: Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

Discus and support Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DW's computer can be turned OFF with power button, and I can hear the hard drive wind down. When I turn it on again, all I get is a gray screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STEVENSLATIN, May 5, 2019.

1. Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

DW's computer can be turned OFF with power button, and I can hear the hard drive wind down. When I turn it on again, all I get is a gray screen.

I've never had this happen before, and all the advice I read on the net is about what to do AFTER you login, get to the task manager, etc.

But this is BEFORE I have a working keyboard, pointer, icons, login screen, etc.

This means also that I can't change the startup to boot from the dvd drive and so on.

I'm kind of flummoxed here. Any ideas?

:)

STEVENSLATIN, May 5, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes [​IMG]

zinou, May 5, 2019
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, May 5, 2019
  4. ATIonion Win User

Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

1. Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes - Similar Threads - Grey screen before

2. Grey screen before login with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen before login with cursor: Windows said I needed to update it, and after reset, I was met with a grey screen. This is before login and I cannot access anything, I've tried almost everything to fix this and this issue has been ongoing for almost a day with it shut off. Nothing is working but I can see...
  3. Grey screen before login with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen before login with cursor: Windows said I needed to update it, and after reset, I was met with a grey screen. This is before login and I cannot access anything, I've tried almost everything to fix this and this issue has been ongoing for almost a day with it shut off. Nothing is working but I can see...
  4. Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes: DW's computer can be turned OFF with power button, and I can hear the hard drive wind down. When I turn it on again, all I get is a gray screen.I've never had this happen before, and all the advice I read on the net is about what to do AFTER you login, get to the task...
  5. Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes: DW's computer can be turned OFF with power button, and I can hear the hard drive wind down. When I turn it on again, all I get is a gray screen.I've never had this happen before, and all the advice I read on the net is about what to do AFTER you login, get to the task...
  6. Grey screen before login screen, can't get started with usual fixes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  8. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  9. grey screen before login

10. Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen): I run a triple monitor setup and the startup screen is stretched to the max (see image) [img] Is there any way to fix this so the image is visible or will it be forever stretched? any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tim 133897