Windows 10: Grey screen & cursor after logging in

Discus and support Grey screen & cursor after logging in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can't seem to get onto my desktop and I'm presented with a grey screen after entering my password. So I just built a new PC a few days ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christie Ly, May 29, 2024.

1. Grey screen & cursor after logging in

Hi, I can't seem to get onto my desktop and I'm presented with a grey screen after entering my password. So I just built a new PC a few days ago and installed Windows 11 Pro. Aside from struggling a bit to get past the prompts without an ethernet connection, I managed to get onto the desktop and connect to wifi. Everything worked fine besides not having Windows activated. Today, however, I turned on my PC there was some kind of information dialogue with percentages on the loading screen before it brought me to the lock screen but I didn't read or understand what it said. I entered my password

:)

Christie Ly, May 29, 2024
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 29, 2024
  3. Luke5704 Win User
    After windows 10 update PC goes to grey screen and cursor after log in. Can't reset/refresh.

Greyscale filter is not enabled... when I enter my pin and log in I get a grey screen with just the cursor, nothing else.

Luke5704, May 29, 2024
  4. tomdingo Win User

Grey screen & cursor after logging in

Grey screen on log in with Win10

I am using a Toshiba satellite L775 and am all of a sudden getting a grey screen when trying to log in. I have been using Win 10 for about 3 weeks without any issues. On log in, the windows tile comes up with spinning stars and after about a minute, I hear
    the music to signal log in and then get nothing but a grey screen. Alt+cnt+del does nothing. I looked on the community and find people with the same problems. Solutions suggested by the techies are incomprehensible since I do not have a Win 10 disc and can't
    get to anything on my laptop to try a repair.

help! What do I do to get my computer working again?

tomdingo, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Grey screen & cursor after logging in

1. Grey screen & cursor after logging in - Similar Threads - Grey screen cursor

2. Grey screen & cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen & cursor after logging in: Hi, I can't seem to get onto my desktop and I'm presented with a grey screen after entering my password. So I just built a new PC a few days ago and installed Windows 11 Pro. Aside from struggling a bit to get past the prompts without an ethernet connection, I managed to get...
  3. Grey screen before login with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen before login with cursor: Windows said I needed to update it, and after reset, I was met with a grey screen. This is before login and I cannot access anything, I've tried almost everything to fix this and this issue has been ongoing for almost a day with it shut off. Nothing is working but I can see...
  4. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  5. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  6. grey screen , no cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    grey screen , no cursor: [IMG]help , i got a bluescreen while playing games. after that laptop has been turned off, i try opening it back and it only shows grey screen and no cursor. i tried tapping the all command keys but it doesnt work . help me...
  7. Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup: I just applied dark mode in my windows 10 and changed high contrast settings. Then a blue screen popped up and said please wait . Then unfortunately my lights went off . When i restarted the computer , it was able to log in with password with the dark mode on . But not able...
  8. black screen with cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor after logging in: Hi. I just had this annoying black screen after I just logged in to my laptop. It is a black screen with a cursor. Pressing ESC, Windows key, ctrl+alt+delete or windows key+R then typing explorer.exe don't do anything good, still a black screen so it forces me to press the...
  9. Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10): Hello, I Have Dell inspiron 15R N5110. Have been seeing a black screen with cursor after login to windows. I rarely see the desktop but after leaving the laptop turned for long time, maybe hours. But when i click on my computer or pressing ctrl + A it takes secs or even mins...
  10. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...