Windows 10: Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

Discus and support Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mt abraxas, May 15, 2019.

1. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then I've been able to boot my PC but with no display on my monitor.

I'm yet to find anyone with the exact same problem and I'm willing to try and fix it myself before being forced into going to a computer repair store or buying an entirely new PC.

:)

mt abraxas, May 15, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User
    t_ski, May 15, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    qubit, May 15, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

1. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display - Similar Threads - Grey Screen Death

2. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  3. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  4. How to fix the Grey screen of death

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix the Grey screen of death: So, I have been experiencing the Grey screen of death, every time I log into my pc there is a grey screen and nothing else my apps and everything are gone and the tuts on yt all are useless for me at this moment. My home screen just goes grey my lock screen and the password...
  5. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  6. Grey screen of death ?

Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  7. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  9. Grey screen of death

Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  10. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen of death: So i have encountered the grey screen of death. I have tried all the soloutions ive seen on the internet such as holding the power key of 5-10 seconds and repeating three times that fidnt work i turned the power key on while clicking the delete repeatly until the grey screen...