Windows 10: Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

Discus and support Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mt abraxas, May 15, 2019 at 6:57 AM.

1. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then I've been able to boot my PC but with no display on my monitor.

I'm yet to find anyone with the exact same problem and I'm willing to try and fix it myself before being forced into going to a computer repair store or buying an entirely new PC.

:)

2. t_ski Win User
  3. qubit Win User
  4. Swapna S Win User

Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Thema:

Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

1. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display - Similar Threads - Grey Screen Death

2. power display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power display: The power display in my laptop is missing from the taskbar. So I googled it I found that the option will be in settings so when I opened the settings I saw the option but it was not functional. please find any solution ....
  3. Blue screen of death (32k power watchdog timeout)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death (32k power watchdog timeout): Hi, My surface pro 3 was on sleep mode and when I tried to turn the screen back on it got stuck on a black screen. I tried pushing random keys on the keyboard and the power the key as that usually helps but it didn't do anything. After a few minutes, I got the blue screen...
  4. GREY SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    GREY SCREEN: What do I do to fix this problem you gave me with windows 10 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/grey-screen/bb626332-6cc8-4888-bc06-f61fc98abd2f
  5. Power Icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Icon greyed out: Im running windows 10 home - version 1803 (updated earlier this month) and cant seem to get the power icon displaying so I can check my battery status. Ive gone to Settings, Personalization but the only icon that is greyed out is the one I want - why is it greyed out?...
  6. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen of Death: Hi guys, hoping to get some help here. My laptop did an update about 2 weeks ago. My computer started running slow immediately afterwards and finally crashes. When I try to do 3 hard restarts it goes to repair mode and then the black screen of death for over 24 hours. I've...
  7. Grey Screen after switching to display port.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen after switching to display port.: Hello there, I recently switched from HDMI to DisplayPort as my monitor can handle 144hz, and just ran a test to see whether my HDMI cable still made the display look greyish and it doesn't have that much grey in it compared to the DisplayPort. The DisplayPort is more...
  8. Dell display turning grey

Dell display turning grey: My Dell Inspiron One 2020 monitor turns grey after a few seconds. It's not completely black, just grey, so I don't think it's going to sleep. After it turns grey I have to relog into my account. I have to move my mouse every few seconds to prevent this from happening, which...
  9. Grey Screen

Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...
  10. Power and volume icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Power and volume icon greyed out: I can't activate the power and volume icon because there gray. I've tried the regedit method. The icons came back but disapeared at the next booth. Is there a fix to that problem? If yes can someone provide the procedure that works. Best regards. *Mad 29160