Windows 10: Grey screen on startup.

Discus and support Grey screen on startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was doing my own thing on my laptop when it suddenly shut down and when I restarted it a grey screen popped up. I shut down and restarted multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnorECX, Jun 14, 2021.

1. ConnorECX Win User

Grey screen on startup.

I was doing my own thing on my laptop when it suddenly shut down and when I restarted it a grey screen popped up. I shut down and restarted multiple times and not even then Windows start up logo appears, just right to the grey screen. Any idea of what happened and how to fix it?

:)

ConnorECX, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Login grey screen

Hi,

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 14, 2021
  4. colmarz Win User

Grey screen on startup.

Red screen with grey stipes on startup of Widows 10. I am not able to get to the Widows startup screen.

After a recent update to Windows 10 (July 22, 2016), I have a red screen with grey stipes on startup. I am not able to get to the Widows startup screen. None of the suggestions I have read online work because I am not able to start in safe mode, access
    the control panel or enter in my WIndows password.

colmarz, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Grey screen on startup.

1. Grey screen on startup. - Similar Threads - Grey screen startup

2. Grey tint and blue startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey tint and blue startup: My screen is messed up, it gives me a blue screen at the start, but then switches back to a grey tint over everything after. This started to happen yesterday after i wiped down my keyboard after it was greasy. All the sudden it just went blue. I then restarted my computer a...
  3. Grey tint and blue startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey tint and blue startup: My screen is messed up, it gives me a blue screen at the start, but then switches back to a grey tint over everything after. This started to happen yesterday after i wiped down my keyboard after it was greasy. All the sudden it just went blue. I then restarted my computer a...
  4. Grey tint and blue startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Grey Screen

Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  6. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  8. Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup: I just applied dark mode in my windows 10 and changed high contrast settings. Then a blue screen popped up and said please wait . Then unfortunately my lights went off . When i restarted the computer , it was able to log in with password with the dark mode on . But not able...
  9. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...
  10. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.: So here's how it all went down... This morning when I open the device manager, I saw that the display adapter, Intel HD Graphics 4000 had a yellow exclamation mark on it. When I clicked it, it saids Window had stopped the device from working(code 43). I fixed this problem...