Windows 10: Grey screen on windows 10 randomly

Discus and support Grey screen on windows 10 randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The same thing happens as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by watermelone_man24, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Grey screen on windows 10 randomly

The same thing happens as

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/57121bf4-9a8b-414a-810a-8dc7c21ab50c?auth=1

except, its just random and some times sound still comes through, like this will happen randomly when i am playing a game or doing work, the screen will turn grey and i wont be able to see at all, this really messes things up some times when i am in the middle of soething

:)

watermelone_man24, Apr 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2020
  4. JackMyer Win User

Grey screen on windows 10 randomly

Windows 10 screen randomly goes grey

Original title: Random Grey Screen?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my laptop, as it randomly goes completely grey, with some lines. When I move the mouse, see one line move horizontally, when I hit the Windows button, the menu that pops up normally, comes up as a blackish-blue rectangle.
    It happens at random, and lasts from anywhere between 5 seconds and 5 minutes. Anyone with a similar issue or solution?

Edit: It looks like this.

Grey screen on windows 10 randomly 753563c8-b543-47c9-a028-d4bb2cfbc18b.jpg

JackMyer, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Grey screen on windows 10 randomly

1. Grey screen on windows 10 randomly - Similar Threads - Grey screen randomly

2. Windows grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows grey screen: Hello my computer on windows 11 will not boot into windows, it just goes to a grey/black screen after trying to load and I cannot get into windows. I’ve had this problem before and my sister fixed it for me, but It happened again and I do t know what to do. I would like to...
  3. Windows grey screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows grey screen: Hello my computer on windows 11 will not boot into windows, it just goes to a grey/black screen after trying to load and I cannot get into windows. I’ve had this problem before and my sister fixed it for me, but It happened again and I do t know what to do. I would like to...
  4. Grey Screen

Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  5. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  6. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  8. Grey screen

Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  9. Windows 10/Grey screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/Grey screen: Today at 8:48 AM #4,750 Morning all... I wonder if anyone can help. I'm having trouble with my new laptop running on Windows 10. After attempting a restore to a earlier time during the morning, which should only take approx 20 minutes, I found this was taking 2 1/2 hours...
  10. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...