Windows 10: Grey screen

Discus and support Grey screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ranagehloch, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Grey screen

Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows to login. Moreover, if I try to shut it down from the login screen it shows the welcome screen instead of the shutting down display and then suddenly turns off. Please help.

:)

Ranagehloch, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 5, 2021
  3. dir_d Win User
    HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Grey screen

grey screen after sleep

Hi Bob,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your Windows 10 turning into grey when it goes to sleep, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? Follow these steps to access these information

• Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
    • On the Run box, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear with the information about the Version and OS build that you have.

(Your computer may need to be updated, click this
    support link
    to begin updating as well as to access the Windows 10 update history.)

• Have you checked the helpful post of stanleybottitta posted December 20, 2017 found in this thread for solution?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Grey screen

1. Grey screen - Similar Threads - Grey screen

2. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  3. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  4. Screen greyed out after entering Admin credentials remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen greyed out after entering Admin credentials remotely: Hello, I work for a company with about a thousand employees. As an IT service, we sometimes have to take over PCs remotely and sometimes adjust certain settings that have to be done as an admin. Sometimes it happens that after we enter our Admin credentials the screen remains...
  5. Screen greyed out after entering Admin credentials remotely

Screen greyed out after entering Admin credentials remotely: Hello, I work for a company with about a thousand employees. As an IT service, we sometimes have to take over PCs remotely and sometimes adjust certain settings that have to be done as an admin. Sometimes it happens that after we enter our Admin credentials the screen remains...
  6. Little grey dot on screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Little grey dot on screen?: Hi. there is a small dot on my left monitor only when im in the homescreen and it covers apps but not my cursor? I have a Asus ROG STRIX G16CH_G16CH prebuilt PC and have tried updating my drivers already uninsalled apps that may have been causing a problem? Photo is attached...
  7. Little grey dot on screen?

Little grey dot on screen?: Hi. there is a small dot on my left monitor only when im in the homescreen and it covers apps but not my cursor? I have a Asus ROG STRIX G16CH_G16CH prebuilt PC and have tried updating my drivers already uninsalled apps that may have been causing a problem? Photo is attached...
  8. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  9. Grey screen with black lines

Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  10. Little sound + Grey screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Little sound + Grey screen Windows 11: I was trying to fix my riot vanguard secure boot so I looked in my bios settings. A video told me to enable secure boot but it was already enabled. I didn’t change any settings but when I went to turn on the pc, it made the usual startup sound and then cut to a blackish-grey...