Windows 10: Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

Discus and support Grey Stripe on Computer Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardMonroe2, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images & words can sometimes be seen through it. It does not change orientation when the screen goes from horizontal to vertical, or when transitioning from tablet to laptop mode. There has not been any damage to the computer i.e., falls, hits, temperature extremes, etc.. I purchased the computer about two years ago, & have not had any difficulties except for difficulty with the PrtScn option, which coincided with the grey band appearing with it until this occurred. I have included a photo screen capture from my smartphone below showing the issue. Thank you for your time & assistance in this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen [​IMG]

:)

RichardMonroe2, Dec 12, 2020

2. 5530 software update "grey stripe theme"

thanks for the reply. I did a factory reset as you suggested but the "red stripe" theme is still missing. So, i am still stuck with "grey Stripe"

regards

steveo_london, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Azhrei Win User
    Grey stripes issue

I tried what you suggested, RivaTuner asked to reboot, then when it did the clocks were set to the default 750/900. I tried a DVD and... no luck, I'm afraid. I did notice that since I've reinstalled Catalyst 10.8, the grey vertical stripes are darker than before... if that means anything.

I had a look at the HIS bios collection and tried loading all of the bios' that had the 750/900 clocks, going from the latest to the oldest. The only one that ATIWinflash recognise as compatible is the one that's already installed on the card, unfortunately. If anyone has a bios for the 113-B50703-102 reference that's dated later than December 2008, I would be very grateful.

I was trying out Black Panther's suggestion, but stopped when it came to changing the values in the profile, because, my card being a 4870 and not a 5850 or 5870, has very different values, and I'm not sure whether his suggestions are okay for my card. Black Panther, in case you are watching this thread, here are the default values in my profile -

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen profiledefault.jpg

Azhrei, Dec 12, 2020
  4. dir_d Win User

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

1. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen - Similar Threads - Grey Stripe Computer

2. Computer grey-screening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer grey-screening: [ATTACH] Fans are running really high, ive never seen anything like this. Does anyone know what causes this screen to appear? submitted by /u/BucketofJava [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13o99z6/computer_greyscreening/
  3. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  4. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  5. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  8. horizontal stripe across the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    horizontal stripe across the screen: A couple of days ago, a horizontal, light color stripe - about 3" from the top edge, about 1/4" wide - appeared on the screen and is present in all situations; the color of the stripe is related to whatever background color there is, just a little darker. Most visible it is...
  9. Orange screen with white stripes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...
  10. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?: Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell problem - YouTube edit: suggest category/unsure 62146