Windows 10: Grey X close to my files

Discus and support Grey X close to my files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mireya B, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Mireya B Win User

Grey X close to my files

Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue? Note: I use Windows 10.

:)

Mireya B, Oct 24, 2021

2. Grey X on file

Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them

NicolaMcFadden, Oct 24, 2021
  3. music files with an X on them

Not that I have a solution to suggest, but I think it is interesting that only three of the eight files in your list have that gray X. Are you able to copy those files which do not have the X? That might lead to a clue as to how the files got created, etc.

retexan599, Oct 24, 2021
  4. iptsoe Win User

Grey X close to my files

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Evening all,

I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it?

Grey X close to my files [​IMG]

iptsoe, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Grey X close to my files

1. Grey X close to my files - Similar Threads - Grey close files

2. Grey x close to my files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey x close to my files: There are grey X's close on my files because of this my files won't open. Can someone tell me what's the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-close-to-my-files/6f6e0a57-c465-4e5d-8979-b898733dd168
  3. Grey x close to my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey x close to my files: There are grey X's close on my files because of this my files won't open. Can someone tell me what's the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-close-to-my-files/6f6e0a57-c465-4e5d-8979-b898733dd168
  4. Grey x close to my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grey X close to my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grey X close to my files: Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue? Note: I use Windows 10....
  6. Grey X close to my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X close to my files: Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue? Note: I use Windows 10....
  7. grey x on files

grey x on files: Hi Everyone, I have only recently got grey x across most of my files, both on the computer in my documents and in the backup on onedrive. The only way I now seem to be able to access these files is by logging in to onedrive through my web browser. Any iseas how to resolve...
  8. Grey X on files

Grey X on files: I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help...
  9. Grey X on file

Grey X on file: Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-on-file/bc824301-d005-47a6-99e4-83e86c1f8083
  10. Grey X on all my files

Grey X on all my files: I have SSHD that has a C: Users/mobil/onedrive folder and all the files pictures, word docs, pdfs, ppts etc are all grey X'ed and will not open. I recovered the machine saving files and it did not correct the grey X's any help would b much appreciated....