Windows 10: Grey X on files

Discus and support Grey X on files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelForb, Aug 21, 2020.

1. MelForb Win User

Grey X on files

I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help

:)

MelForb, Aug 21, 2020

2. Grey X on file

Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them

NicolaMcFadden, Aug 21, 2020
  3. music files with an X on them

Not that I have a solution to suggest, but I think it is interesting that only three of the eight files in your list have that gray X. Are you able to copy those files which do not have the X? That might lead to a clue as to how the files got created, etc.

retexan599, Aug 21, 2020
  4. iptsoe Win User

Grey X on files

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Evening all,

I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it?

Grey X on files [​IMG]

iptsoe, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Grey X on files

1. Grey X on files - Similar Threads - Grey files

2. All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.: So, today I was trying to access a file and it had a grey x and there was an error code and the solution was that I needed to sign back into one drive. Once I did, every file that had a grey x on it was deleted. I can’t find the files anywhere. I’m most upset about the fact a...
  3. All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.: So, today I was trying to access a file and it had a grey x and there was an error code and the solution was that I needed to sign back into one drive. Once I did, every file that had a grey x on it was deleted. I can’t find the files anywhere. I’m most upset about the fact a...
  4. All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...: For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not accessible. I think I somehow accidently made them hidden. How do I undo this to be able to access my files?...
  6. For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...

For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...: For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not accessible. I think I somehow accidently made them hidden. How do I undo this to be able to access my files?...
  7. Open file location is greyed out

Open file location is greyed out: Hello. When I right click any shortcut option to "Open file location" I see it greyed out. How to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-file-location-is-greyed-out/272942cb-c66f-41e0-bb67-a27b678f236d
  8. Open file location is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file location is greyed out: Hello. When I right click any shortcut option to "Open file location" I see it greyed out. How to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-file-location-is-greyed-out/272942cb-c66f-41e0-bb67-a27b678f236d
  9. Open file location is greyed out

10. Grey x on dropbox files

Grey x on dropbox files: HelloI have unsynced and resynced a dropbox folder and i can not open the files on windows 10. They appear with a grey x on them and i have contacted dropbox who have confirmed that the dropbox folder is synced up to date.I can open the files on the dropbox app and via the...