Windows 10: grey x's and unable to open

Discus and support grey x's and unable to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; grey x's on my documents from word, excel and PDF and I'm unable to open anything. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasoneBurt, Feb 27, 2020.

1. grey x's and unable to open

grey x's on my documents from word, excel and PDF and I'm unable to open anything.

Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

JasoneBurt, Feb 27, 2020

2. Unable to open Microsoft Flight Simulator X on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Microsoft Flight Simulator X on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to open the game?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the Operating System prior to this issue?

Step 1: I suggest you to update the pending updates found on your system and check if it helps.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about issues with
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X and check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot graphics issues in Flight Simulator X

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2020
  3. LORRIE N Win User
    grey x's

Why do I have grey x's on my desktop icons

LORRIE N, Feb 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

grey x's and unable to open

Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

grey x's and unable to open

1. grey x's and unable to open - Similar Threads - grey x's unable

2. PDF will not open; grey x in corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF will not open; grey x in corner: Hello, I can open some of my pdfs and others I cannot such as the one below: How can I fix this, so I can open all my PDFs. I have Windows 10 and use Edge. Thank you!...
  3. PDF will not open; grey x in corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF will not open; grey x in corner: Hello, I can open some of my pdfs and others I cannot such as the one below: How can I fix this, so I can open all my PDFs. I have Windows 10 and use Edge. Thank you!...
  4. PDF will not open; grey x in corner

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  6. grey x on files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    grey x on files: Hi Everyone, I have only recently got grey x across most of my files, both on the computer in my documents and in the backup on onedrive. The only way I now seem to be able to access these files is by logging in to onedrive through my web browser. Any iseas how to resolve...
  7. Photos with Grey X

Photos with Grey X: Most photos in the windows file "Photos" have a large grey X and it says it can't open. It was working before I did the last update 4 days ago. I didn't download a photo app, I am using the default that came with Windows 10. I transfer the photos from my phone. Now I have...
  8. Grey X on files

Grey X on files: I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help...
  9. Grey X on file

Grey X on file: Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-on-file/bc824301-d005-47a6-99e4-83e86c1f8083
  10. Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X: Evening all, I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it? [img] 152548