Windows 10: Greyed out area on screen

Discus and support Greyed out area on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I need help! I hit some unknown key accidentally (I think) and this happened to my display. I can still use the screen behind the greyed-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WoollyJumpers, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Greyed out area on screen

Hi there, I need help! I hit some unknown key accidentally (I think) and this happened to my display. I can still use the screen behind the greyed-out areas outside the 2 superimposed rectangles .... I just can't see it! Cannot for the life of me find out how to reverse this. Greyed out area on screen [​IMG]

:)

WoollyJumpers, Aug 9, 2019

2. Grey area at top of screen

I would like to know what the grey area is on the top of screen that has File Edit View History Etc on it when I open home page?

When I open Google Chrome there is a very small grey area with my E-mail address in it. What is doing this ?

Thank you

EmilBasaldella, Aug 9, 2019
  3. dir_d Win User
    HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Greyed out area on screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Greyed out area on screen

1. Greyed out area on screen - Similar Threads - Greyed area screen

2. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  3. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  4. Ctrl greys out screen and highlights the mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl greys out screen and highlights the mouse: Hey guysrecently I discovered while gaming that multiple ctrl inputs highlights a area around my mouse. Its not the normal small black circles that appears. I checkt that option under additional mouse options. This highlighter greys out my two monitors except a circle around...
  5. Backup is greyed out.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup is greyed out.....: I just did a complete clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home......It took hours but it was necessary. Hours of wasted time because the reinstallcaused a new problem. See attached photo.Error: 0x80070005 I need to enable my backup.I really need a fix for this and I don't want to...
  6. resolution greyed out on 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    resolution greyed out on 2nd screen: hello recently i set windows back to its factory settings. but now my screen have a resolution of 480x640 and its greyed out, i cant change it. before that everything worked just fine.... i m runnin' a rx 5700xt amd the screen i m talking about is a old samsung with...
  7. Iphone greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iphone greyed out: I cannot backup my iphone 6s on my Lenovo X1? My ipod mini connects fine, I can even update teh software on the iPhone, but not sync? I have tried restarting the Apple Mobile Device Manager, but on my version setup it does not exist. The iPhone had been syncing properly. The...
  8. Grey out at the window search screen

in Cortana
    Grey out at the window search screen: Hi everyone, Last night, I had a problem with the window search screen, when I typing in the search box, nothing shows on the search screen see the picture attached for details. How to resolve this problem? Thank All. [IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  10. Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print selection greyed out google chrome