Windows 10: Greyed out area on screen

Discus and support Greyed out area on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I need help! I hit some unknown key accidentally (I think) and this happened to my display. I can still use the screen behind the greyed-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WoollyJumpers, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Greyed out area on screen

Hi there, I need help! I hit some unknown key accidentally (I think) and this happened to my display. I can still use the screen behind the greyed-out areas outside the 2 superimposed rectangles .... I just can't see it! Cannot for the life of me find out how to reverse this. Greyed out area on screen [​IMG]

:)

WoollyJumpers, Aug 9, 2019

2. Grey area at top of screen

I would like to know what the grey area is on the top of screen that has File Edit View History Etc on it when I open home page?

When I open Google Chrome there is a very small grey area with my E-mail address in it. What is doing this ?

Thank you

EmilBasaldella, Aug 9, 2019
  3. dir_d Win User
    HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Greyed out area on screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Greyed out area on screen

1. Greyed out area on screen - Similar Threads - Greyed area screen

2. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  3. screen greyed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen greyed: Hey My computer screen suddenly got a grey filter over the working area. I can still see colours so it's not the windows, alt, c thing. It's like there is a fly screen or similar over the bottom 90% of the working area. Can anyone help please? Driving me insane. Thanks...
  4. Initialize Disk is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Initialize Disk is greyed out: Hello people of the earth I bought a new 240gb kingston ssd and i plugged it in my laptop using a sata adapter. When i check the disk management it shows that its not initialized and when i try to initialize it the initizalize disk is greyed out here's a sample screenshot....
  5. Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...
  6. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...
  7. GREY SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    GREY SCREEN: What do I do to fix this problem you gave me with windows 10 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/grey-screen/bb626332-6cc8-4888-bc06-f61fc98abd2f
  8. System Protection greyed out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection greyed out: [img] I tried > Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or...
  9. Password selection greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password selection greyed out: Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a...
  10. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...