Windows 10: Greys out when trying snipping tool...

Discus and support Greys out when trying snipping tool... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, May 4, 2021.

1. Adela Win User

Greys out when trying snipping tool...

[Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of the language preferences in my taskbar, but when I open it and bring out the snipping tool, it greys out. Is there a work around to do this? I have 2 unneeded languages interfering in my work. First I tried googling for hours and didn't find any results so I came here where I can describe more accurately my problem. Otherwise, this snipping tool takes proper screenshots wherever the subject happens to be in. It wont take it when I have to open the subject. Anticipating big thanks for any help. Greys out when trying snipping tool... :) P.S. So sorry I just saw I didn't say why I wanted the screenshot - because some in the internet asked to see the problem before they can tell me how to delete these 2 languages.

:)

Adela, May 4, 2021
  2. nick rr Win User

Windows 10 - Snipping Tool

That didn't work.

If I snip the grey screen over the area I am trying to snip, the snip is still grey when pasted.

I tried ESC to keep the tool running and selecting a new rectangle but the screen again turned grey.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

nick rr, May 4, 2021
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, May 4, 2021
  4. jeffbcba Win User

Snipping Tool

Hi Andre,

Prior to your response I did: sfc /scannow (as admin). without any changes=same solid grey screen when clicking on "new" on the snipping tool. After restarting the the computer, the snipping tool functions correctly. I will wait for the problem
    to reoccur, then try your suggestion for the Repair Upgrade.

Thanks you for the support.

Jeff

jeffbcba, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Greys out when trying snipping tool... - Similar Threads - Greys trying snipping

2. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  3. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  4. Why is install vmware tools greyed out?

Why is install vmware tools greyed out?: Hi Microsoft,So i was trying to install vmware tools on my windows 7 vm but the option "Install vmware tools" is greyed outThere is no way its because "The os is old it may become unsupported" because i click "Install vmware tools" on my windows xp virtual machine and it...
  5. Why is install vmware tools greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is install vmware tools greyed out?: Hi Microsoft,So i was trying to install vmware tools on my windows 7 vm but the option "Install vmware tools" is greyed outThere is no way its because "The os is old it may become unsupported" because i click "Install vmware tools" on my windows xp virtual machine and it...
  6. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  7. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  8. snipping tool

snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  9. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  10. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....