Windows 10: Groove app crashing for no reaason

Discus and support Groove app crashing for no reaason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Today I turn on my desktop (Win10) and try to get my music to play and the groove app just crashes. I installed VLC player and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marko1401, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Groove app crashing for no reaason

Hi guys,

Today I turn on my desktop (Win10) and try to get my music to play and the groove app just crashes.

I installed VLC player and everything seems fine.

Is there a problem with the groove app?

I'm scanning my system for viruses right now.
    This is the error message :

Groove app crashing for no reaason [​IMG]

:)

Marko1401, Sep 10, 2018

2. Groove music crashes

Hi Pratish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however can you share what all troubleshooting steps have you tried?

If you haven't tried then try the following, check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Try to uninstall Groove app and then install, check if it helps.

• Type PowerShell in search box, right click on it and click Run as Administrator.

• Type following command and press Enter.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage

• Go to store and reinstall app.
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3078110

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

SujataMoktan, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Groove Music is crashing!!!

I am running Build 10586.164 and am unable to use groove Music on my Windows 10 Laptop. Groove Music crashes immediately after opening, and its been months since this problem has occurred. I have tried various solutions:

• I have tried uninstalling and installing the app again.
    • I have run Sfc scans in CMD.
    • I also ran some commands in Powershell.
    • I used troubleshoot
    All of these measures were unable to solve my problem. I am not a Computer Wiz, I just searched the internet, and found these measures.

this is not only with Groove Music, apps such as Twitter are also crashing.

Please help ASAP.

SiddharthBapna, Sep 10, 2018
  4. DBC9 Win User

Groove Music keeps crashing whenever I open it

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Book. Whenever I try to open Groove Music, it just goes to the app splash screen and immediately crashes. This is really irritating, as alternatives like Windows Media Player and VLC do work, but are not at all optimized
    for the high-res display. Groove Music is the only app which which seems to crash like this. Movies and TV, and the rest of apps all work without a hitch. I've tried all the steps suggested in

this
    thread, and even went so far as to perform an in place reinstall of Windows 10 using an iso, however the problem still persists. The problem is also present for other user accounts.

Is there any way by which I can get the Groove app to work? Is it possible that the issue will get addressed with a future update to the app?

Thema:

1. Groove app crashing for no reaason - Similar Threads - Groove app crashing

2. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  3. Uninstall Groove Music app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  4. Problem with Groove Music App

Problem with Groove Music App: Hello, I have where when I launch Groove Music App its showing up for a few seconds then close by itself. So I tried Reinstall it but the problem still same. What have I tried : 1. Uninstall from Setting > apps > groove music > advanced Options > uninstall then I reinstall...
  5. GROOVE MUSIC CRASH PROBLEM

GROOVE MUSIC CRASH PROBLEM: hi everyone i use groove music app for 4 years it was great until the last update it became weird when i click right click on any song or try more actions or try to add song to playlist it just crashes and end program i tried to reinstall with nothing changed somebody help...
  6. Groove App Crashes

Groove App Crashes: Hello. I love the Groove Music App for the most part. Recently it crashed when I was editing information on a particular album. Since then every time I right click on a album or a specific song to edit information the app crashes. It reopens fine but still will not allow...
  7. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  8. Groove app crashing for no reaason

Groove app crashing for no reaason: Hi guys, Today I turn on my desktop (Win10) and try to get my music to play and the groove app just crashes. I installed VLC player and everything seems fine. Is there a problem with the groove app? I'm scanning my system for viruses right now. This is the error...
  9. Groove music app ?

Groove music app ?: Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was the create radio stations but...
  10. Groove app not updating

Groove app not updating: Heya, Am having an issue with Groove app not updating. This started on the win 10 14926 build and is still happening on the newest build, 14931 It tells me there is an update then gets to about 500kb and stops saying there is an error and to check details. I click it and...