Windows 10: Groove changed my screensaver

Discus and support Groove changed my screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I revert back to original sreen saver setting where Widows shows a new image each day on startup ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobNelson1, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Groove changed my screensaver

How do I revert back to original sreen saver setting where Widows shows a new image each day on startup ?

:)

RobNelson1, Aug 23, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Groove changed my screensaver :)

terrace, Aug 23, 2019
  3. How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Groove changed my screensaver

windows 10 screensaver issue.

Hi,

To resolve your issue about changing your screen saver, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    • Try to save the screensaver again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Groove changed my screensaver

1. Groove changed my screensaver - Similar Threads - Groove changed screensaver

2. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Microsoft would change my screensaver automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like before....
  3. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Mircrosoft would change my screensavers automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like...
  4. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  5. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  6. Groove music changed my desktop wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove music changed my desktop wallpaper.: I was playing some music through Groove Music and it changed my desktop wallpaper. I thought it would change back when I closed the app, it hasn't and now I've lost a picture of my dog that meant a lot to me. Ive no idea where the original picture was stored. Is there a way...
  7. Changing my screensaver

Changing my screensaver: The Appearance and Personalisation tab seems to have disappeared from my Control Panel. Now I cannot find how to change my screensaver photos. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-screensaver/2dffbbf6-5e23-4b9d-a0b8-e7b29874893c
  8. Screensaver Changes Won't Save

Screensaver Changes Won't Save: I have a folder assigned for screensaver photos. In setting up my screensaver I browse and select that folder. It has worked perfectly for two years. Now when screensaver kicks in it scrolls through every photo I have saved on my computer. I go in, reset my screensaver photo...
  9. Groove Music will not change music Genres

Groove Music will not change music Genres: I have some music that does not fit the normal Genres. When ever I searched for my music in Window's Media player it would remove the custom Genres I had created. Groove does not do that. I prefer Groove over Windows Media Player, because it doesn't mess with my music....
  10. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b