Windows 10: Groove: Folder with various artists

Discus and support Groove: Folder with various artists in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am still new to Windows 10, but i am slowly getting there. I am in the process of transfering music from my old HDD to a new one used for Win 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Damun, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Groove: Folder with various artists

I am still new to Windows 10, but i am slowly getting there.

I am in the process of transfering music from my old HDD to a new one used for Win 10.
    I have a folder with various artist, i.e. different mp3s from different artists - sort of my own "greatest hits". Each MP3 file has it's own cover (picture) - used Mp3Tag to edit tags and add cover. In the old Win7 mediaplayer all of these mp3's were listed under each corresponding artist: let's say that in the folder i have a single song by Prince (When doves cry) and a single song by Bijelo Dugme (Hajdemo u planine), each of those would be listed correctly under the respective artist.

In Groove all music from my mixed folder are listed as belonging to the same album, and the cover/picture for every single mp3 in that folder is the same.

Question 1: Can files be organised in Groove without having to "belong" to an album?
    Question 2: If i create a "My Greatest Hits" album for said folder (e.g. in Mp3Tag), can individual MP3's within that folder have different artwork? Or do they all have to have the same "album cover"?

:)

Damun, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Groove Music - alphabetical sorting by artist

Each and every step was followed. Groove Music still shows that artist beginning with J under C. Other suggestions?

Norman Acunis, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Qwinn Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

This worked! I was playing with disabling indexing since it was interfering with my backup procedures, but it caused this. (What broke it was right clicking the drives and turning off indexing for the whole drive). I'll try some other ways of limiting the indexing. Thanks kindly.

Qwinn, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Groove: Folder with various artists - Similar Threads - Groove Folder various

2. Groove Music Artist Profile Picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Artist Profile Picture.: I know that an issue about an app isn't supposed to be in the windows section, but Groove Music is an app by Microsoft, right? I love music and I wanted to listen to it offline, plus I LOVE Microsoft, So I downloaded Groove. I found some issues like the metadata of a song...
  3. Groove Music Artist Art Blur

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Artist Art Blur: Groove music just blurs the entire art for some reason and I am unable to find a way how to remove this feature. Please help me out. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Swimming-Bee340 [link] [comments]...
  4. Groove Music Artist Metadata

Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  5. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Support
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  6. Artist image in Groove Music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Artist image in Groove Music: I found out that some artists in the Groove Music app are provided with photos that are independent of the album cover. The same artists have high-resolution photos that are displayed in the visualization area. I would like to have all the artists provided with...
  7. Groove Music : artist art issue

Groove Music : artist art issue: For several weeks, the view of Groove is changed. My collection on my PC was displayed correctly 100%. Then, there is a disappearance of all the photos of the artists thumbnails, and a few days later, incomplete recurrence: thumbnails without pictures and bibliography,...
  8. Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10)

Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10): So,first of all there is Artist Art missing for some artist . Second : While playing shouldn't the artist art that is displayed be for the ALBUM ARTIST & not the 'Contributing artist' because more than 1 Artist might be contributing and for that there is no Artist art, so...
  9. Groove Music doesn't show artist correctly

Groove Music doesn't show artist correctly: [img] Look in the screenshot above. One album shows as "Unknown artist", and the other as "Various Artist". There is no album artist tag in my MP3 files, and the tags in the files all follow the same scheme. What could be happening? 69806
  10. How to Edit Artist Artwork in Groove Music?

How to Edit Artist Artwork in Groove Music?: Hello, I wanted to know how to change artist artwork in Groove Music. I have a band that does not have the right artwork in the "Artists" category. Any idea how to change this? Or is there no way and maybe the new Anniversary update will fix it? Thanks so much! *Smile...