Windows 10: Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately.

Discus and support Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Spent the best part of a day fixing my PC after a W10 upgrade this morning. All seems to be working well now except that I have an issue with a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayStar, Jul 29, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately.

Spent the best part of a day fixing my PC after a W10 upgrade this morning.
    All seems to be working well now except that I have an issue with a couple of Metro apps - those named in the title.
    What happens is that the apps open and then automatically close themselves after about a second. The main Store app opens fine as do all other Metro apps. Its just these two..

Anyone else experiencing the same? ...and of course, if so, has anyone found a fix?

Apologies - posted this in wring place. Can this be moved mods?

:)

JayStar, Jul 29, 2015

2. I Cant Open Apps Form Store

I also have a similar problem but it's incredibly annoying. Windows Media Player has been removed, meaning I need to use Groove music and Film&Tv for some reason. However, I had to manually get these two apps from the store, and groove music closes immediately
    after opening it. This means I can't play some steam games which used Windows Media Player for the intro cutscene.

JoshuaKinslow, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Apps that wont start or crash

Troubleshooting is pointless, wsreset is pointless as the store works! The apps Groove Music, Travel and Films & TV are by Microsoft they start and crash & shutdown almost immediately. The xbox app decided it wanted to work now but the instability of some
    of the apps makes that unreliable.

Graham Ackrill, Jul 29, 2015
  4. CJ7
    cj7 Win User

I have the same problem. The app event log has an error about missing Zune file so I tried to reinstall my original Zune sw but no luck. Any body getting anywhere?

5. CJ7
    cj7 Win User
Thema:

1. Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately. - Similar Threads - Groove Music Film&TV

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. The Groove Music app is not opening

The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  5. Films & TV App with Closed Captions

Films & TV App with Closed Captions: How Do I Enable CC Closed Captions by Default in Films & TV App? Currently, Each time have to select the CC Language manually from Subtitle Menu. There's anyway a Default Selected Language e.g. English can be Set as Default and Auto Enabled for All....
  6. Sound not working properly in Groove Music or Films & TV.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working properly in Groove Music or Films & TV.: I bought a Windows 10 laptop from Dell a number of months ago. It's an XPS 15 9500 . The sound has never worked right in the Groove Music or Films & TV apps. When I try to play an MP3 or a video all I hear is harsh noise. It's strange because videos and music sound fine in...
  7. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  8. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  9. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...
  10. groove music and film tv issues

groove music and film tv issues: the groove music and film/tv app were working perfectly from install of windows 10. Just the other day when launching these i get the error below. I click on store, it tells me there is a problem and to reinstall the app. Even after I reinstall the app I keep getting this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove music opens then closes