Windows 10: Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Discus and support Groove Music and iTunes playlists in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulWard4, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:47 PM.

1. PaulWard4 Win User

Groove Music and iTunes playlists

I think I figured this out!

Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me.

I tried .xml and .m3u8 and neither one will show, only .m3u worked for me...

:)

2. Adding iTunes playlist(s) to Groove Music

So I have done those steps...it's added all my music again, as before, but the playlists that have synced are the ones I created in Groove myself.

I added a few songs to the Flamenco playlist from the Groove library, which Groove synced from iTunes. All my music is there in the Groove music library except the iTunes playlists.

Your patience and determination astounds me.

elitova1707, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  3. Adding iTunes playlist(s) to Groove Music

Hi, I'm new to Groove Music. I just updated all my software a couple of days ago. I see from various sources on the internet that it has been possible to import iTunes playlists into Groove.

How do I do this, please? All the "old" suggestions aren't appearing in my new version of Groove (as updated a couple of days ago).

Using Windows 10.

Thanks!

Eli

elitova1707, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  4. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Adding iTunes playlist(s) to Groove Music

Perfect thanks. This article is dated a bit, but it has a solution I think may help -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/musicandvid...

Check out Jesper-NL’s response about adding the iTunes folder as well as the playlist.

So add your iTunes folder to Groove and it will work : (C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\)

Let me know if this helps, and we’ll continue to troubleshoot if not!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM
Thema:

Groove Music and iTunes playlists

1. Groove Music and iTunes playlists - Similar Threads - Groove Music iTunes

2. How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?: I have created a playlist called Favorites but every time I add a new group of songs they show up at the end. I would like them in alphabetical order. Is there any way to do this easily?...
  3. How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my...

How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my...: I am upgrading to a new laptop, same Lenovo brand, and want to keep my old laptop Groove Music playlists. I currently have Windows 10 Home but my new computer will have Windows 10 Pro. There must be a way to keep my playlists from one computer to another, but I can't seem...
  4. My Music Playlists

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Music Playlists: I had Music Playlists of 1950/60s Music, 1970s Music, 1980s Music, 1990s Music, 2000s + Music , Brass Band Music, Christmas Music. These have all disappeared from my music library. Why/where has the music gone gone? the playlists are still there but all the music has gone!!!...
  5. Groove Music

Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  6. Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?

Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?: Hi, im listening to a local playlist (files locally on my drive) and want to add another file to that playlist. When i drag the file from WinExplorer to the playlist content or the playlist name or playlist header, its not allowing. Using the + sign showing in the...
  7. Groove music problems

Groove music problems: Have a free trial of Groove on my Win 10 desktop and wonder why it does not always play continuously even tho repeat all is turned on? Please advise. 61105
  8. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...