Windows 10: Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Discus and support Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blackbirdabhi, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it?

:)

blackbirdabhi, Sep 4, 2015

2. HELP! Windows Media Player has been removed from my system, so now I can't play USFIV!

After getting Windows 10, I found Windows Media Player had been removed, and replaced by two new apps:

-Groove music

-Film&TV

These two apps weren't on my system, and I had to get them from the windows store. However, Groove Music does not work!

Two other people in my household have windows 10, and they both have Windows Media Player plus those two new apps

available. There is now no way for me to get Windows Media Player and Groove music doesn't work. Now my favourite game:

USFIV does not work as I keep getting the error message 'Could not find latest version of Windows Media Player'

Does anyone know how to get WMP 12 back or to get Groove music working?

JoshuaKinslow, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Kar1973dd Win User
    Issues with syncing device player with Windows media 12 and groove music on Windows 10.

Original Title: windows media 12 and groove music

I can no longer sync to my player (sansa) on 12(will not convert automatically) along with the fact it doubles all my titles... I have tried the so call ways to fix it by going into the background option and it is grayed out..

Groove does not allow syncing what is up with that.. Not everyone uses their phone to play music (data time is not free)

Anyone have a real fix for the sync conversion since Groove music is out.

Kar1973dd, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player is still maintained and in fact my favorite tool when it comes to media playback - what is Groove music? *sarc

Joergi, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Yeah never heard of it either. *Confused

Bhrayan23, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Its the new music player which Microsoft is trying to replace WMP with....*Biggrin

7. fredc Win User
    Why do they have to go with some unknown media player lol, i use WMP as well .

fredc, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Yeah true. It was bad enough that they discontinued Zune, introduce a crappy player for WP8, make it slightly better in WP8.1 and now worse, when it is improving, they do a U-turn and introduce an entirely new player. The new player is okay, but still lacks in many capabilities. There are too many issues such that it shouldn't have been released on Win10 as a complete version. So for now WMP all the way! *Biggrin

9. Joergi Win User
    Pardon me, how is that one called? I think I just forgot the name again... *Huh

What I'm trying to say: I consider Windows Media Player to be way better than this strange...how was it called?

Microsoft should better improve Media Player - it e.g. is annoying that they removed DVD playback, because they no longer wanted to pay the few bucks for it, but they have the money to create apps no one wants...

Joergi, Sep 4, 2015
  10. tcman50 Win User
    Not sure what WMP capabilities are since I have never used it, Groove Music Player app can play songs from your cloud drive and its playlists can be shared, very useful for playing ones music over multiple computers.

As far as an overall media importing, tagging and organization software, I do all my media in J.River Media Center, I only use Groove music app than as a player.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Sep 4, 2015
  11. Groove Music doesn't even have an equalizer which is very basic for any music player out there in today's market. MS really should continue developing WMP and make more improvements to it. The ideal thing to do would be to make it the go-to-app to play any kind of file whether it be audio or video files, and also stream or buy songs. The possiblity of having a single powerful player that plays anything(like VLC) would certainly attract more users to Win10, instead of having separate apps for video and audio.

blackbirdabhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

1. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12 - Similar Threads - Groove Music Media

2. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  3. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  5. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

"Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  6. Windows media player/groove music and you tube

Windows media player/groove music and you tube: I had Windows media player. Now that I have the new windows 10 that player will not download the music to my phone which they said to switch to You Tube!!...
  7. music media and groove problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music media and groove problem: I had personal music files on media player. But media can't find them. Groove player has uploaded them to their player. I can play them all right on groove, but I needed to back them up and groove won't let you burn, or sync. I have a windows 7 media player downloaded on...
  8. Bluetooth & Groove Musique & Windows Media Player 12

Bluetooth & Groove Musique & Windows Media Player 12: Hello, my Bluetooth headset is well connected in audio with my two applications Groove Music and Window Media player 12, but the controls of my headphones (Play / pause, FF / RW etc.) only work on Groove Music and not on WMP 12 How to make them work by default on WMP 12?...
  9. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music: Hello, Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10 1809 : what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option? Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website: musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com...
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644