Windows 10: Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button

Discus and support Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing the new update for windows 21H1, my groove music app started to crash after hitting play button. This error has come up for several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThaminduGamage, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button

After installing the new update for windows 21H1, my groove music app started to crash after hitting play button. This error has come up for several times I have re installed windows because of this reason but after sometime when I install the updates for windows again the app begins to crash. I have already done the sfc scan and DISM scan but no luck. I don't have any screenshots because there is no error code displaying. I would be really happy if someone could help me with this issue.

:)

ThaminduGamage, Jul 24, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

media player 'groove music'

Just a slight correction :
    Windows Media Player is listed in All apps > under alphabet W but not under Windows Accessories.

Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button [​IMG]

davidhk, Jul 24, 2021
  3. PJLLB Win User
    media player 'groove music'

Not on my PC, which is a clean Windows 10 install. It is in the Windows Accessories folder as I indicated. Doing a search for "Windows Media Player" should also allow launching it.

PJLLB, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button

Convert Windows Media Play to Groove Music

Can I export Windows Media Player play lists to Groove Music. I don't want to have to reconstruct these. I have had them for years but since Windows Media Player is not really happy with Windows 10 can I switch to Grove Music and just copy and paste
    the play lists?

MaggiJunor, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button

1. Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button - Similar Threads - Groove Music media

2. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  3. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

8. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music dont play audio: only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 12900