Windows 10: Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0

Discus and support Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to play OGG / .ogg files in Groove Music, the audio plays for a second or two, and then it comes up with a message saying it can't play the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spowell65, Mar 26, 2021.

1. spowell65 Win User

Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0

When trying to play OGG / .ogg files in Groove Music, the audio plays for a second or two, and then it comes up with a message saying it can't play the OGG file. It shows up with the error code 0xc00db3b0. I was not able to find any information about this error code. Could you please help?

P.S. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5491 2n1 from 2019. I have reinstalled Windows because the Dell technicians messed up some software when trying to fix an issue with the charging jack. They also ripped us off. Don't do what my family did and always find the local independent repair person!

:)

spowell65, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Kat_Eme Win User

OGG files no longer work in Windows Media Player

Hello, thanks for reading. I am learning a new language and downloading a lot of sound files. Many of those are in the .ogg format, which at first both Windows Media Player and Groove Music were playing just fine. I could double click on the sound file,
    or right click and select 'open with' to choose between programs, and both would work.

Recently, I downloaded a sound editor called Audacity to split up one of the sound files into multiple sections, and when I clicked 'open with', it must have accidentally set Audacity to the default for all ogg files. That is fine I guess, except all of
    the programs that use the windows default settings for playing media are no longer working with ogg files. When I go back and right click on the files, then select 'Open With' > 'Choose another app' > check the "Always use this app to open .ogg files" box
    > select Windows Media Player, then it runs an error and refuses to play. The error is "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I cannot even find Groove Music in the list under 'Open With', and can't locate it in a file browser to select it manually. This seems unusual because both of these programs used to work just fine. It has something to do with accidentally changing the default
    program to Audacity, but I don't see why I can't change it back. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!

Kat_Eme, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Ogg on 6210 Navigator

Is it really impossible to play Ogg audio files with Nokia 6210 ?

tuxakadjseb, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Kat_Eme Win User

OGG files no longer work in Windows Media Player

Hello, sorry about the delay in response.

This problem is happening with all .ogg files, and I just discovered that it his happening with .aiff files as well. Many files were not touched by Audacity. A really good example is the .ogg file in this wikipedia page - the sound plays just fine in the
    web browser, but if I download the .ogg file, it will not play.

I can download programs such as VLC that will plat the files, but programs that use the native windows settings will not switch to that (even if I change the default program), and do not play the sound files.

When this issue started happening, Audacity was the only thing that I downloaded, no extra codecs. Since then however, I did try installing a few third party codecs in the hopes it would resolve the issue. No dice, so I uninstalled them.

Following the advice above, I have uninstalled Audacity, the third party codecs, and anything else that I can find relating to that software. Still no success. Now when I try to open a .ogg or .aiff file I get an error saying "Windows Media Player encountered
    a problem while playing the file." When I click the 'Web Help' button, it takes me to a very unhelpful webpage for "Windows Media Player error C00D11B1". I have confirmed that none of the issues listed on that page are relevant to my problem.

On the 'Groove Music' note, I can't quite figure out how to browse to a particular file. But when I browse to the folder containing all of these files, it only picks up the .mp3s (just like Windows Media Player).

Thanks for your help.

Kat_Eme, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0 - Similar Threads - Groove Music can't

2. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I tried:- Uninstalling...
  3. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  4. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  5. OGG files not playing in groove music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OGG files not playing in groove music: hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error code 0xc00d36c4 with a message saying the file type is unsupported even though it used to work beforeand yes i have checked...
  6. Can't move OGG file, stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move OGG file, stays at 0%: Via Audacity, I made an OGG file a 1 second long, loud sound with a quality of 5. I tried to move it, but it kept getting stuck at 0%. I canceled one and it is still "canceling" even though I only technically clicked the pause button. It's still not moving right now. I...
  7. Issue with ogg files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with ogg files: When I try to rename an .ogg file, explorer crashes, when I delete the .ogg file, it doesn't delete it, and explorer crashes too when moving the .ogg file to another folder. I had this problem for some days and it's frustrating me a lot. submitted by /u/bkyaat [link]...
  8. ogg file

ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  9. cannot delete .ogg files

cannot delete .ogg files: Hi I'm running into a problem where I cant seem to delete or move any of my .ogg files. if theres a way to do it, I would love to hear it so that I can get rid of them. Thanks!...
  10. Unable to move .ogg files

Unable to move .ogg files: After updating Windows 10, whenever I try to do anything to any file with a .ogg, .oga, or .ogx extension (and possibly more things related to .ogg I haven't tried yet), Windows Explorer just stalls forever. I can't open them to be played in VLC, move them anywhere, or even...