Windows 10: Groove Music changes background picture

Discus and support Groove Music changes background picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past few days Dec update? Groove Music has been changing my Personalization settings from a 'slideshow' using a particular folder I have for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceJam, Dec 24, 2020.

1. BruceJam Win User

Groove Music changes background picture

For the past few days Dec update? Groove Music has been changing my Personalization settings from a 'slideshow' using a particular folder I have for backgrounds. Now when I look up at the monitor I see a picture of a musician - not surprisingly the artist I'm listening to. I have reset it back to slideshow every time I run Groove...what gives?

Anybody else have this issue?

ASUS UX303UB with nVidia Geforce 940M

Thank you.

Bruce Jamieson

:)

BruceJam, Dec 24, 2020
  2. TomAP Win User

After Win10 Updates/Reboot, Groove Music and Pictures In Background!

The Drill for Me When Runtime Broker Decides to Hog My CPU

After a Windows 10 update-reboot, my computer sometimes "forgets" that is was previously configured not to run Groove Music in the background.
    Sooooo ... the machine of course bogs down due to Runtime Broker CPU over-usage.
    Here is how I quickly handle it:

1. With TaskManager kill Runtime Broker (so I can do something on my computer without waiting for hell to freeze over)
    2. In settings>privacy>background apps turn off Groove Music and, if you have a lot of pictures, turn off Photos too.
    3. In Services, stop and then restart the Time Broker service (Run/Open services.msc). This re-launches up Runtime Broker task which now behaves per the settings you just fixed in #2 above.

I would sure like to know what other settings I had set only to be changed randomly it seems on Windows 10 updates. Guess I'll have to wait until something bad happens.

TomAP, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Josipa Win User

Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Groove Music changes background picture - Similar Threads - Groove Music changes

2. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  3. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  4. Unable to delete Groove Music artist picture

Unable to delete Groove Music artist picture: I have been making music for myself for quite some time but recently one of my files has changed the artist picture, this also changes the background when going full screen, I want to remove this along with the image for the artist to restore it to the default image,...
  5. Unable to delete Groove Music artist picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete Groove Music artist picture: I have been making music for myself for quite some time but recently one of my files has changed the artist picture, this also changes the background when going full screen, I want to remove this along with the image for the artist to restore it to the default image,...
  6. Unable to delete Groove Music artist picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to change to Dark Mode theme background in Groove Music

in Windows 10 News
    How to change to Dark Mode theme background in Groove Music: [ATTACH]Groove Music is an audio player in Windows 11/10, where you can play all your favorite songs and manage music stored on your PC or cloud. The Groove Music app is preinstalled in Windows 10, so there is no need to install it on your system; it also supports various...
  8. Groove Music Artist Profile Picture.

Groove Music Artist Profile Picture.: I know that an issue about an app isn't supposed to be in the windows section, but Groove Music is an app by Microsoft, right? I love music and I wanted to listen to it offline, plus I LOVE Microsoft, So I downloaded Groove. I found some issues like the metadata of a song...
  9. Groove Music will not change music Genres

Groove Music will not change music Genres: I have some music that does not fit the normal Genres. When ever I searched for my music in Window's Media player it would remove the custom Genres I had created. Groove does not do that. I prefer Groove over Windows Media Player, because it doesn't mess with my music....
  10. Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures: Lately, I've been having a problem with Groove. I download music, and since it's youtube to mp3 stuff the titles usually don't match up with the actual song. Groove has a habit of giving my music a picture that sort of goes along with it, and it wasn't a problem until it...