Windows 10: groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info

Discus and support groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded the Portal Soundtrack on Steam and when trying to play it through groove music I noticed the album art which is stored as cover.png inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J ._., Jul 19, 2020.

1. J ._. Win User

groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info

I downloaded the Portal Soundtrack on Steam and when trying to play it through groove music I noticed the album art which is stored as cover.png inside the folder with the music instead of being part of the metadata. So I went to "edit info" menu in the album as I've done several times before because I know it will be quick and easy to make the change to all the songs at once. I click on the art button and select the cover art that came with it. When I click "save" it deletes all the mp3 tags putting the songs into the mixed nuts can that is "unkown album" I then restore the songs through steam to get the metadata back but I really want the album art to show with it.

dunno if this is the right place for this so if there are like moderators or something move it where it needs to go

:)

J ._., Jul 19, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

MP3 Album art work changing

I've just spent considerable time getting mp3 files to display artwork and other track details on my Mazda. Here is what I did:

1. Rip CDs in mp3 format in iTunes and import music folders / files obtained from other sources.
    2. Consolidate the music library in iTunes which generates the folder structure Artist / Album / Tracks
    3. Check for missing artwork. I did a Google search for album covers and saved artwork size c. 300x300 pixels then added the album art in iTunes.
    4. Use Tagscanner to check/edit the track details, artist, album art etc
    5. Use MP3Tag to check the tags are v2.3. Cut the tag then paste it back to set v2.3 if incorrect.
    6. Use MP3Test to quickly check and test for mp3 file errors
    7. Use MP3Diags to check and correct mp3 files in detail

What program are you using to create and play MP3 files?

Steve C, Jul 19, 2020
  3. garen45 Win User
    Groove Music File Structure Question

Hi,

I wanted to start using Groove Music but had a question. I have a huge mp3 collection and am very specific about my labeling, file structure and id3 tags and don't like it when apps change them. If I was to use Groove music and add my local music folder to watch, would it change any of those? Would it move files in its own folder system or change or add information to id3 tags?

For example I use id3v2 only and make sure id3v1 is deleted, would it automatically copy the info over to the version 1 tag?

Also would it change my album covers because I know there is an option for that to fill in album covers if they are incorrect or not present.

Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

garen45, Jul 19, 2020
  4. groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info

1. groove music deletes mp3 tags when saving changes to album info - Similar Threads - groove music deletes

2. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  3. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  4. Groove Music's album art not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  5. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  6. Groove music album cover blurred?

Groove music album cover blurred?: The album cover at Groove Musik on my PC is blurred. Can I change that? It is blurred in the background https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/groove-musik-album-cover-unscharf
  7. Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music

Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH] ***Modified the title from Groove Music change the album photo***...
  8. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  9. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...
  10. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10: How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unknown artist unkownalbum mp3