Windows 10: Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update

Discus and support Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried to remove the Databases folder in AppData, but it didn't help. It happens on all machines, where I have 1909 update installed. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ark_mage2, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update

I've tried to remove the Databases folder in AppData, but it didn't help. It happens on all machines, where I have 1909 update installed. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Ark_mage2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ark_mage2, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

I've tried just about everything to get Groove to recognize tags better, but it's just too basic a media player and fails pitifully on this point.
    I really like the sound from Groove, but just use it when I play shuffle on all tracks in the library.
    On of our forum mods(thanks @Barman58 ) introduced me to MediaMonkey for tagging, worked great, it even fixed up my Windows Media Player library, but now I prefer to use MediaMonkey for my music.

I have sent Microsoft Feedback(here is some of mine):

Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update [​IMG]

And I have upvoted other users feedback in respect to this, I can only recommend you do the same, as: "The squeaky hinge gets the oil".

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Adding iTunes playlist(s) to Groove Music

So I have done those steps...it's added all my music again, as before, but the playlists that have synced are the ones I created in Groove myself.

I added a few songs to the Flamenco playlist from the Groove library, which Groove synced from iTunes. All my music is there in the Groove music library except the iTunes playlists.

Your patience and determination astounds me.

elitova1707, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update

Groove music - i'm losing my mind! (indexing problem - probably)

Groove Music - the default music app in windows 10 is behaving a bit weird lately.
    So, the symptoms are as follows: when I add a series of mp3s in my folder, which is set as default music location in Groove Music, the files aren't being added. Granted, since forever this app behaved in a manner that you had to wait a few seconds, perhaps a minute, to add the new files - the refresh of the library wasn't instant. but now it just doesn't refresh the library anymore. Or it does, after a few hours.

So I investigated a bit and found out that I have to manually rebuild indexes (using this option: http://www.winbeta.org/sites/default...?itok=AXFIURoi), in order to get the new music into groove music. This seems absurd, since it never happened before.

What are your suggestions? What's going on, what's wrong?

KindaGivingUp, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update

1. Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update - Similar Threads - Groove Music doesn't

2. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music: why can't I add a new song to my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/5acec170-8e7d-4f36-b85a-80ec1f80e54c
  3. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music: why can't I add a new song to my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/5acec170-8e7d-4f36-b85a-80ec1f80e54c
  4. Groove Music - copy music library to a second PC with same sort order by "Date Added"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music - copy music library to a second PC with same sort order by "Date Added": Hi :) I'm trying to copy my music library to my second PC and I'm used to sort my music by the "Date added" order. Now I want groove music on my second PC to show me the same sorting order as on the original PC. I've tried copying the library with robocopy to preserve all...
  5. Music widgets with groove music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music widgets with groove music: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ybdulbeczv751.png?width=907&format=png&auto=webp&s=31c16a3935607d12a0d5015a18e8725979cd9593 So I have the twenty one pilots shortcut that opens up groove music and starts playing their music immediately but is there any way to make it do...
  6. groove music

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    groove music: hello, I cant download groove music on my laptop from Microsoft store it says "something unexpected happened error code 0x80004005" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/955f8853-cc70-4914-8048-1fa918022a0f"
  7. Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover

Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover: Hi, Since I changed the folder of my music, Groove hasn't been able to recognize the albums and artists. I have tried: - Deleting the groove app and redownloading it. - Checking security of the folders and mp3 files. - Resetting the database:...
  8. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...
  10. Update for Groove Music

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Groove Music: An update for #GrooveMusic for #Windows10 desktop just hit the store. No UI changes, just a fix for a crash. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date