Windows 10: Groove Music not storing anything

Discus and support Groove Music not storing anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my music recognised in Groove Music. All of my music is stored in two directories on a NAS, I have the two defined to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PoBear, Aug 8, 2015.

1. PoBear Win User

Groove Music not storing anything

I've been trying to get my music recognised in Groove Music.

All of my music is stored in two directories on a NAS, I have the two defined to Groove, they appear to have carried forward from my Windows 7 install. They are defined as UNCs but I've also tried mapping a drive.

I've just watch it scan the library and populate albums artists and songs, but when it completed the library showed zero songs and all the entries it was showing disappeared.

I did find one post that suggested there was a problem using a NAS for your music, but this seems to be at odds of it seemingly finding everything and then discarding it.

The files are 99% MP3s.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

PoBear, Aug 8, 2015

2. What is Groove / Store's music file format and is it lossless?

I have just had the Windows 10 upgrade and found Groove - plus the offer to buy music via the Store as well as the Groove Music Pass.

What is the file format for Store and Groove Music Pass? Ideally there should be the choice of lossless whether wma flac or wav but I'm not going to sign up to anything until I know what is being sold.

Mike300ZXna, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Can't download Groove app

Hi Deborah,

The link given to you is actually an email address. You wouldn't need it to download Groove Music for free since you can simply do it through the Windows Store. Here's a
    link to the app.

There is a paid subscription service for Grove Music, however. For $9.99 a month, you can have Groove Music Pass and stream music from a variety of channels and online radios. You can also
    try 4 months for free.

Give it a shot and let us know if you need help with anything else.

Jairit Bet, Aug 8, 2015
  4. iBawbag Win User

Mines done the exact same since it updated the other day. It now only finds a few albums in my music directory compared to before.
    Media player still finds them no probs. Only since Groove updated.

iBawbag, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I believe that Groove and Windows Indexing does not support NAS. Microsoft support article indicates the network device must be a Windows based OS (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077721 ).

Very short sighted by Microsoft.

HillbillyinMA, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Yup, it was the same in the windows 8 music app

If you want this feature added, head to the Feedback app and request it, more people that ask the more chance MS might add it

paulsalter, Aug 9, 2015
  7. PoBear Win User
    Thanks for the replies.

Bizarre. I watched it adding the music, I was in album view and saw it adding album covers. I opened one and could see the tracks in it!!!

PoBear, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Groove Music not storing anything

That's really strange, on my two Windows 10 PC's it does add all the music from the NAS (ReadyNas NV+, Linux managed) and I can even play every single track. But never shutdownyour PC ! He will loose the whole library and restart search from new (260 Gb of WMA files... each time it takes hours !). This has to change ! Why ? Are they hoping that all NAS will become Windows managed ? I really liked it once he finished to load all my music... but now... I have only two solutions... Windows Media Player or VLC...

Chris

KrisFromFrance, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Groove Music not storing anything - Similar Threads - Groove Music storing

2. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music: why can't I add a new song to my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/5acec170-8e7d-4f36-b85a-80ec1f80e54c
  3. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  4. groove music

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    groove music: hello, I cant download groove music on my laptop from Microsoft store it says "something unexpected happened error code 0x80004005" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/955f8853-cc70-4914-8048-1fa918022a0f"
  5. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music: Hi. How can I copy and burn playlist to USB stick resp. CD-RW ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/7facad66-ffa9-47dc-a160-2c8550fe88b8"
  6. Groove Music

Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  7. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  8. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  9. Groove music app updated in store

Groove music app updated in store: Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on a handful of files/songs with no rhyme or reason (mix of MP3 and M4a files) despite artwork being embedded correctly. Just...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...