Windows 10: Groove music song/album titles cut short

Discus and support Groove music song/album titles cut short in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam McKenna, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to play it from previously. On my laptop, Groove Music runs just fine, with everything in working order. However, on my desktop PC, all of the album and song titles are cut shorter than they are in actuality.

For example, this screenshot shows my collection of albums by David Bowie.

Groove music song/album titles cut short [​IMG]

As can be seen, the vast majority of album titles are being cut short for seemingly no reason at all, for example the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars is only shown as 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy'. a lot of other albums have their parenthetical information cut off, like '(2016 Remastered Version)'. To reaffirm: this is only present in Groove Music. The album titles themselves are not like this.

The problem continues with song titles, too:

Groove music song/album titles cut short f873dd5a-f33f-4e44-81b5-e99e289432e0?upload=true.png As you can see, the song titles too are being cut short. This can be a nuisance when there are several versions of one album in my library, for example a deluxe edition and a standard edition; due to the album names being the same (both being cut short, therefore extra information on the edition isn't present) they all appear under one album in the list.

I have tried quite a few methods of resolving this issue, such as moving the songs to a different drive, changing the metadata and even deleting the database folder in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database in hopes of getting a fix, all to no avail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Sam McKenna, Mar 1, 2019

2. Groove and Album details..

- anybody know how I can force Groove to accept a particular picture for an album cover?

- there is actually a picture included in the music folder, but Groove hasn't picked it up, and a search
    from within the Groove app itself for the album details, yields only the song-list and not the album cover..(??) *Confused

BugMeister, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Groove and Album details..

Bring up an album in Groove, click on 'More...', then click on 'Get album info'.

Edwin, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Groove music song/album titles cut short

1. Groove music song/album titles cut short - Similar Threads - Groove music song

2. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  3. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  4. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  6. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  7. Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music: Hello,So, when I tried to save changes I made to the song, it won't let me save changes because the duration isn't clearly shown. No matter what I do, it still does not letting save changes when changing the info of the songs.Thanks,Xander Michael Shelton....
  8. Groove music put a song into the wrong album, is there any way to rearrange it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove music put a song into the wrong album, is there any way to rearrange it?: I'm putting together some Led Zeppelin songs and some of the tracks are shared between their original album and the Early Days album. Groove music is sorting some of the songs into the Early Days album, breaking up the original album. Is it possible to force songs into...
  9. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  10. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10: How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've...