Windows 10: Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album".

Discus and support Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album". in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried everything: Resetting database by deleting all files from Database folder Resetting app itself Re-adding Music library folder Changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/distrayer, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album".

I tried everything:

• Resetting database by deleting all files from Database folder
    • Resetting app itself
    • Re-adding Music library folder
    • Changing the location of my music library and then adding

The metadata that was synced to "Unknown album" (album artist, artist name, genre and year) is not showing up as well.

submitted by /u/distrayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/distrayer, Nov 29, 2020

2. Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Nov 29, 2020
  3. PoBear Win User
    Groove Music not storing anything

I've been trying to get my music recognised in Groove Music.

All of my music is stored in two directories on a NAS, I have the two defined to Groove, they appear to have carried forward from my Windows 7 install. They are defined as UNCs but I've also tried mapping a drive.

I've just watch it scan the library and populate albums artists and songs, but when it completed the library showed zero songs and all the entries it was showing disappeared.

I did find one post that suggested there was a problem using a NAS for your music, but this seems to be at odds of it seemingly finding everything and then discarding it.

The files are 99% MP3s.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PoBear, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album".

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

I am quite certain that people are having a problem not seeing what you are saying because they store their music on OneDrive.

YOU CANNOT EDIT MUSIC THAT IS STORED ON ONEDRIVE!!!!!!!!

It Sucks, I don't understand it. I really hope that Microsoft fixes this because I see no reason to use two Microsoft Programs - Groove and OneDrive, which are so incompatible with each other.

If it's not resolved soon I will take my music, and my storage, and go elsewhere.

Steve Rogalinski, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album".

1. Groove Music syncing some of my music from my Music library into one "Unknown Album". - Similar Threads - Groove Music syncing

2. Groove Music's album art not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  3. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  4. Groove music album cover blurred?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music album cover blurred?: The album cover at Groove Musik on my PC is blurred. Can I change that? It is blurred in the background https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/groove-musik-album-cover-unscharf
  5. Music widgets with groove music

Music widgets with groove music: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ybdulbeczv751.png?width=907&format=png&auto=webp&s=31c16a3935607d12a0d5015a18e8725979cd9593 So I have the twenty one pilots shortcut that opens up groove music and starts playing their music immediately but is there any way to make it do...
  6. Groove Music.

Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  7. my music library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  8. Groove music won't import my music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove music won't import my music: I had around 200 songs downloaded and imported to the Groove Music app from my Music folder. Everything was working smoothly until I downloaded another 10 songs. It seems that Groove can't "see" those 10 songs in my Music folder. I tried changing the folders that they were...
  9. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...