Windows 10: Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager

Discus and support Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, while playing music the Groove Music in task manager is taking up 50-60% of my CPU. I doubt it is supposed to be this much does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cailerh, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Cailerh Win User

Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager

As the title says, while playing music the Groove Music in task manager is taking up 50-60% of my CPU. I doubt it is supposed to be this much does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Cailerh, Aug 7, 2015

2. High disk activity when using Groove Music

Same issue here. Groove Music seems to insist on touching all my music files when running. This used to cause MsMpEng.exe to go crazy as it scanned all mp3 files. I have since added mp3 files to the file types to be ignored by Windows Defender (I hope malware
    usually doesn't hide out in mp3's..).

BUT: even in this case, I notice that Groove Music will touch all files when it's open, and while this happens 'runtime broker' drives the CPU usage to 50-80%, killing the battery life on my Surface 3. Opening the Resource Monitor (from Task Manager > Performance
    tab) I see that hundreds of mp3 files are being 'read'. Quitting Groove Music stops this and drops CPU use back down to acceptable levels (a few percent). I basically can't use Groove Music like this.

Not sure if this matters, but I have my music stored in my OneDrive folder, but at the moment this was happening I had quit the OneDrive Desktop app.

Joseph-WilfriedRosenbaum, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 on Laptop - unknown programs taking large CPU time

Fom time to time the program WAH2m3m2t_um_8.12 (2 identical entries in Task Manager) is taking in excess of 50% (sometimes over 90%) of CPU time on my dual core Laptop. What is this program?

Michael Molson, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Jarfaru Win User

I just noticed this too. It seems to need alot of work and it seems like a dull music app right now. I'm going to use something else until the buff this up some more.

Jarfaru, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager - Similar Threads - Groove Music taking

2. Why is VBC Visual Basic Commad Line taking up 50-60% of my CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is VBC Visual Basic Commad Line taking up 50-60% of my CPU?: Split from this thread. I'm encountering the same problem. Can you please provide me with fixlist.txt file as your given onedrive link shows "Item no long exist and is not available"...
  3. Why is VBC Visual Basic Commad Line taking up 50-60% of my CPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is VBC Visual Basic Commad Line taking up 50-60% of my CPU?: Split from this thread. I'm encountering the same problem. Can you please provide me with fixlist.txt file as your given onedrive link shows "Item no long exist and is not available"...
  4. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  5. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  6. Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory: Hello, I have a win 10 arcade cabinet running big box. Recently, its been running very slow. I went to the task manager and noticed the anti-malware executable is using 50-60% of memory resources. Cpu usage does not seem high, just ram. Ive googled until I can google no...
  7. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  8. Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU: I recently did a factory reset of my computer. Since then, Task Manager has been using a lot of my CPU. No matter what programs I close, usage is always at 100%....
  9. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does groove music use alot of cpu