Windows 10: Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install

Discus and support Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone notice a glitch after installing groove update today? We use several user accounts . I updated it on mine through the store and launched it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install

Anyone notice a glitch after installing groove update today? We use several user accounts . I updated it on mine through the store and launched it to test, all was ok. Then I logged into the other four user accounts one by one to test it works still (windows 10 can be buggy when a native app updates for said app on other user accounts). On two of the four when launching Groove the desktop became unresponsive. Almost like an explorer crash. Had to control alt delete and sign out. Upon re signing in and launching groove on the affected user all was then ok. But it's odd behaviour and no crash listed in reliability monitor. Maybe I tried to launch groove too quickly after logging into the users as I know that on login any native app that was updated on another user profile quickly installs on the other user accounts.

unfortunately I don't think enough people use multiple user accounts for MS to pay too much attention to it. We have had a few PCs and app updates of the native ones have always caused periodic problems when launching them on other user accounts.

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 12, 2017

2. Groove music is making the win 10 pro lock up, It is crashing the system.

I'll try that once I regain control of Explorer... Every time Groove crashes, the Explorer task bar becomes unresponsive. As a side note: I am able to interact with desktop apps if they are already open, but the Explorer is unresponsive, so I can't launch
    anything from the desktop or task-bar. I was able to finally regain control by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del, launching the Task Manager, and using End Task to kill Groove.

A couple of minutes later, the Explorer came back (which I noticed when the Task Bar repainted); when the Explorer came back up, the Apple iClould login prompt appeared (I don't have iCloud configured with an auto-login because I don't use it);

I'm wondering if iTunes/iCloud is somehow involved in this issue because it happened when I was trying to play an MP3 I had just downloaded using Chrome. When I clicked on the download, Chrome used the Windows file-extension association of MP3=Groove; Groove
    started to come up and was loading the album icons for my entire music library (which i did not want it to do, I was just trying to listen to a 10 second mp3 clip); I'm wondering if in the process of scanning all my music, Groove may have somehow become entangled
    with iTunes/iCloud. I dunno, just a theory.

BradKilmer, Jul 12, 2017
  3. On Windows 10 how do i get rid of Groove Music and put Internet Explorer on the Taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• Are you facing some issue using Groove music?

• Are you able to play music with Groove?
    Follow the steps to pin internet explorer to the task bar, so that you can use internet explorer easily.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard.

• Type internet explorer.

• Right click on the desktop app and click on
      pin to task bar.
    Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install

1. Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install - Similar Threads - Groove app update

2. Groove manager app issue Need help !!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove manager app issue Need help !!!!: Hello everyone, I found an app that can edit artist photos in groove to fill the blanks but I don't know how it works GrooveManager - CodePlex Archive Its based on json and I don't find the exe of the soft Does anybody know how to make it work ! Thanks submitted by...
  3. Update to 1903 causes start menu and explorer issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to 1903 causes start menu and explorer issues: Greetings, I ran the update to bring my system up to version 1903 last night. As a result when windows starts I just get an empty screen - I do not see the start bar, I can not see any desktop icons, when I press the windows key nothing happens. I CAN access the task manager...
  4. New update causes issues with sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update causes issues with sound: I recently got a small update to windows on my computer. Once the update was finished I jumped on and the sound was not working. It has done this before so I didn't think much of it and did my usual reinstall of the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help. I have tried...
  5. People and groove apps updated today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People and groove apps updated today: New updates for both people and groove come down pipe today. Guess films and tv will follow soon as that always seems to update on a similar cycle to groove. 78807
  6. Groove app not updating

Groove app not updating: Heya, Am having an issue with Groove app not updating. This started on the win 10 14926 build and is still happening on the newest build, 14931 It tells me there is an update then gets to about 500kb and stops saying there is an error and to check details. I click it and...
  7. Groove music app updated in store

Groove music app updated in store: Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on a handful of files/songs with no rhyme or reason (mix of MP3 and M4a files) despite artwork being embedded correctly. Just...
  8. Who issues the App Explorer updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who issues the App Explorer updates?: I'm working on a new PC for a relative & got a message saying App Explorer was being updated. What I'm upset about is the fine print saying it was also changing my web browser search page-or something like that. (I should know better but I failed to write down the exact...
  9. New Groove app update version 3.6.1719.0 on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New Groove app update version 3.6.1719.0 on Windows 10 Mobile: An app update is headed to the Store for the Groove app on Windows 10 Mobile. This release (version 3.6.1719.0) includes the following: We made a significant improvement to the way we find your local music and sync your cloud music collection that makes this process much...
  10. New Groove app update version 3.6.132 on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New Groove app update version 3.6.132 on Windows 10 Mobile: A new update will be available later today for the Groove app on Windows 10 Mobile. This release (version 3.6.1326.0) includes minor bug fixes and improvements. · Filter by genre to browse particular styles of music · Easily continue your search in the Windows store for...