Windows 10: Groove not finding all tracks/albums

Discus and support Groove not finding all tracks/albums in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have rebuilt my PC and am trying to reimport my Music Library Groove starts up as expected with "Getting thing ready" then switches tot he main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HairyFool, Jul 10, 2019.

1. HairyFool Win User

Groove not finding all tracks/albums

I have rebuilt my PC and am trying to reimport my Music Library

Groove starts up as expected with "Getting thing ready" then switches tot he main Album view and albums start to appear

The count goes up to 139 albums and about 8900 tracks then stops. After a few seconds the track count disappears as if it has finished finding tracks. I believe Groove can handle 50k tracks. Groove therefore gives an average of 68 tracks per album because so many are not identified to an album. ALL TRACKS ARE FULLY TAGGED

The Music Library shows 16,873 files, 1,513 folders. That (very roughly) makes an average of 12 tracks per album.

Groove has been reset

Groove has been Uninstalled and re-installed from the store

I think this is a Search Indexer issue but I have also done a refresh reinstall of Windows 10.

The Event Log shows a number of Information reports in the Application Log the key one being

Music.UI (2312,D,2) {C025EA12-758D-4081-BEA2-BDA52C03E284}:

The database [C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database\a3221bd270ac678d\tmp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 (0x22d8) due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat). Current default engine version: 9100 (0x238c).

Any suggestions for further fault finding would be appreciated.

Don't suggest an alternative App, that doesn't fix this one.

:)

HairyFool, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Groove and Album details..

Bring up an album in Groove, click on 'More...', then click on 'Get album info'.

Edwin, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I've never found this thread because, while annoying that Groove doesn't seem to be able to handle this, Windows Media Player can. In WMP I just right-click on the 'unknown album' and choose 'Find album info'. I then get all track listings along with album artwork, which both WMP and Groove now display.

4. Groove not finding all tracks/albums

Groove and Album details..

- anybody know how I can force Groove to accept a particular picture for an album cover?

- there is actually a picture included in the music folder, but Groove hasn't picked it up, and a search
    from within the Groove app itself for the album details, yields only the song-list and not the album cover..(??) *Confused

BugMeister, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Groove not finding all tracks/albums

1. Groove not finding all tracks/albums - Similar Threads - Groove finding tracks

2. How to play all tracks on album?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play all tracks on album?: How to play all tracks on album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-all-tracks-on-album/5a8dacfc-9e93-4a9f-a7f0-47a71fb87036
  3. Groove Music's album art not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  4. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  5. Groove not showing album art

Groove not showing album art: Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums....
  6. Groove music album cover blurred?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music album cover blurred?: The album cover at Groove Musik on my PC is blurred. Can I change that? It is blurred in the background https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/groove-musik-album-cover-unscharf
  7. Skip Track Groove music

Skip Track Groove music: I installed a program which you can add run scripts/commands. On groove music, there isn't a shortcut to skip a track when it is minimized when it's open it ctrl+f which in google chrome is to search so doesn't work. Does anyone know the script/command to skip a song in...
  8. skip track groove music

skip track groove music: I installed a program which you can add run scripts/commands. On groove music, there isn't a shortcut to skip track when it is minimized when it's open it ctrl+f which in google chrome is to search so doesn't work. Does anyone know the script/command to skip a song in groove...
  9. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  10. Groove and Album details..

Groove and Album details..: - anybody know how I can force Groove to accept a particular picture for an album cover? - there is actually a picture included in the music folder, but Groove hasn't picked it up, and a search from within the Groove app itself for the album details, yields only the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove not finding new albums

2. format version is being held back to 8920 (0x22d8) due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8

3. 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat)