Windows 10: Groove not finding all tracks/albums

Discus and support Groove not finding all tracks/albums in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have rebuilt my PC and am trying to reimport my Music Library Groove starts up as expected with "Getting thing ready" then switches tot he main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HairyFool, Jul 10, 2019.

1. HairyFool Win User

Groove not finding all tracks/albums

I have rebuilt my PC and am trying to reimport my Music Library

Groove starts up as expected with "Getting thing ready" then switches tot he main Album view and albums start to appear

The count goes up to 139 albums and about 8900 tracks then stops. After a few seconds the track count disappears as if it has finished finding tracks. I believe Groove can handle 50k tracks. Groove therefore gives an average of 68 tracks per album because so many are not identified to an album. ALL TRACKS ARE FULLY TAGGED

The Music Library shows 16,873 files, 1,513 folders. That (very roughly) makes an average of 12 tracks per album.

Groove has been reset

Groove has been Uninstalled and re-installed from the store

I think this is a Search Indexer issue but I have also done a refresh reinstall of Windows 10.

The Event Log shows a number of Information reports in the Application Log the key one being

Music.UI (2312,D,2) {C025EA12-758D-4081-BEA2-BDA52C03E284}:

The database [C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database\a3221bd270ac678d\tmp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 (0x22d8) due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat). Current default engine version: 9100 (0x238c).

Any suggestions for further fault finding would be appreciated.

Don't suggest an alternative App, that doesn't fix this one.

:)

HairyFool, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Groove and Album details..

Bring up an album in Groove, click on 'More...', then click on 'Get album info'.

Edwin, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I've never found this thread because, while annoying that Groove doesn't seem to be able to handle this, Windows Media Player can. In WMP I just right-click on the 'unknown album' and choose 'Find album info'. I then get all track listings along with album artwork, which both WMP and Groove now display.

4. Groove not finding all tracks/albums

Groove and Album details..

- anybody know how I can force Groove to accept a particular picture for an album cover?

- there is actually a picture included in the music folder, but Groove hasn't picked it up, and a search
    from within the Groove app itself for the album details, yields only the song-list and not the album cover..(??) *Confused

BugMeister, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Groove not finding all tracks/albums

1. Groove not finding all tracks/albums - Similar Threads - Groove finding tracks

2. Groove music song/album titles cut short

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  3. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  4. Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music

Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH] ***Modified the title from Groove Music change the album photo***...
  5. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  6. Unable to find albums in Photos app

Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...
  7. Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover

Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover: Hi, Since I changed the folder of my music, Groove hasn't been able to recognize the albums and artists. I have tried: - Deleting the groove app and redownloading it. - Checking security of the folders and mp3 files. - Resetting the database:...
  8. Groove and Album details..

Groove and Album details..: - anybody know how I can force Groove to accept a particular picture for an album cover? - there is actually a picture included in the music folder, but Groove hasn't picked it up, and a search from within the Groove app itself for the album details, yields only the...
  9. WMP - Can't Find Album Info

WMP - Can't Find Album Info: I rip all of my CDs to my computer. When ripping one in particular, I could not find the album info. I noticed that WMP arbitrarily ripped it as the artist's previous CD and I manually changed the information. First of all, it had partially saved under the name of the...
  10. Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album: I've just installed Windows 10 and experimented with the Groove music player. It finds all the songs but they are tagged Unknown Artist and Unknown Album. The songs appear fine in iTunes with the correct details and album art. I reset Groove and made it scan the music...