Windows 10: Groove not showing album art

Discus and support Groove not showing album art in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/surya_4822, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Groove not showing album art

Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums.

submitted by /u/surya_4822
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/surya_4822, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Qwinn Win User

Groove not showing album art

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

This worked! I was playing with disabling indexing since it was interfering with my backup procedures, but it caused this. (What broke it was right clicking the drives and turning off indexing for the whole drive). I'll try some other ways of limiting the indexing. Thanks kindly.

Qwinn, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Groove not showing album art

1. Groove not showing album art - Similar Threads - Groove showing album

2. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer: I downloaded some music to play on Spotify, and for some reason, this one song will just not work right. It worked the first time I downloaded it, but I've since downloaded it from a different source, and it won't display the art in Explorer image one or Spotify. It won't...
  3. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer: I downloaded some music to play on Spotify, and for some reason, this one song will just not work right. It worked the first time I downloaded it, but I've since downloaded it from a different source, and it won't display the art in Explorer image one or Spotify. It won't...
  4. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add album art in groove music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add album art in groove music: Is there any way to add an album art (cover photo) in Groove music app? Have searched forum but no results. I am using Windows 10. Thank you! 176627
  6. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -: So, recently I made a dumb decision. I usually download music through mp3 conversions because I like to listen to it during study or gaming sessions. I use the mp3 converter "convert io" (https://www.converto.io/en10/). Recently one of the songs I downloaded from there,...
  7. Groove Music's album art not showing

Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  8. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  9. Album art pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Album art pictures: Windows 10 Home edition version 1903.I have a lot of "Album art"pictures I don`t want and would like to delete them as they have got mixed up in some music albums is it safe to do so? 142745
  10. Icons and album art

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons and album art: do not appear in Windows file Explorer after Windows 10 update is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-and-album-art/6263e8a0-6dc2-4d1c-a190-eda0ebbd7754

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove music doesnt show album art

2. Groove music isnt attaching album art