Windows 10: Groove player is the default player for .wav files

Discus and support Groove player is the default player for .wav files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On earlier versions of Windows 10 I was able to select a different app on my pc as the default for playing .wav files. Now when I try to select the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davederave, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Groove player is the default player for .wav files

On earlier versions of Windows 10 I was able to select a different app on my pc as the default for playing .wav files. Now when I try to select the app Transcription Buddy from High Criteria (tnpbuddy.exe)its not holding the change. Now if I select say Media Player it will hold. I need to be able to select this as the default any idea's?

:)

Davederave, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Glover S Win User

Windows 10 Groove Music .wav file

I have a Windows 10 computer and Groove Music as the default player for .wav files. When I open the .wav file to play it via Groove Music, it only plays for a split second and then the app closes down. I then default my music player to Windows Media Player
    and the .wav file plays perfectly. Help!

Glover S, Oct 26, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows Media Player WAV Files

Hi Michele, Microsoft are phasing out Windows Media Player and replacing it with Groove Music . . .

Try opening the WAV files in Groove Music, if you still cannot play these files, download VLC player which is probably the best free 3rd party media player available for Windows:

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2018
  4. UrunTekin Win User

Groove player is the default player for .wav files

Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Groove player is the default player for .wav files

1. Groove player is the default player for .wav files - Similar Threads - Groove player default

2. Download from wav files to media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  3. Download from wav files to media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  4. Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player: Hello, I need to know why the third party program Downloaded from Microsoft edge Called "Media Player Classic" Won't be set as a .wav player. This app can play .wav files. Why can't i get the option to set a default app myself? !!! THANKS !!!...
  5. Groove Player stürzt ab

Groove Player stürzt ab: Hallo, seit dem ich angefangen habe den Groove Player zu benutzen (vor 2-3 Wochen) stürzt er hin und wieder ab (nachdem ich den Player öffne paar Sekunden später meistens). Neuste Windows Updates/Treiber Updates und Windows Store Updates sind installiert. Bin derzeit bei...
  6. Groove player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove player: I need keystroke by keystroke instructions to GEET RID of Groove Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-player/f26df725-854c-4cbb-85a0-15318e53fe2e
  7. Problems with Groove Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Groove Player: After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the Windows 10 repair programs and still nothing. I have tried to even do a System Restore but for some reason it lo longer works...
  8. Groove Player loads Empty

Groove Player loads Empty: The player just loads empty , white in colour with a few lines *Mad I looked in search for threads regarding groove player but didn't see anything solved. Any ideas why this is happening & how to fix it? Thanks in advance *Cool 33457
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre

Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre: Hi, in Groove music app, how do I "shuffle all" but, only from the same genre? 17552