Windows 10: Groove player

Discus and support Groove player in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need keystroke by keystroke instructions to GEET RID of Groove Media Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gdunn628, Sep 30, 2019.

1. gdunn628 Win User

Groove player

I need keystroke by keystroke instructions to GEET RID of Groove Media Player

:)

gdunn628, Sep 30, 2019

2. Groove

Hi Al,

Since the issue persist, please check the troubleshooting steps on how to reset Groove player:

• Type Settings to your Cortana.
    • Go to Apps.
    • Look for Groove.
    • Click Reset.

You can also check this article:
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Groove player

Groove Music Skips

Hi,

To fix issues with Groove Music app, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link
    to troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Groove player

1. Groove player - Similar Threads - Groove player

2. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  3. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  4. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why do my EQ settings in the Media Player(Groove Music) not save when I close the window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do my EQ settings in the Media Player(Groove Music) not save when I close the window?: This is driving me up the wall. I have a problem where once I select an EQ preset or make a custom one in Media Player (Groove Music) and then click 'Close', it keeps resetting itself eveytime. I hear a clear difference once I close the window again - the sound is much...
  6. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  7. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  8. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  9. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  10. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.