Windows 10: Groove song sorting partly incorrect?

Discus and support Groove song sorting partly incorrect? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, how is it possible that downloaded songs are sometimes sorted wrong in Groove? Every time I correct the name for the sort order below, it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel0000, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Groove song sorting partly incorrect?

Hi, how is it possible that downloaded songs are sometimes sorted wrong in Groove? Every time I correct the name for the sort order below, it takes less than 3 minutes until the "The" is at the bottom, for example, and the song is listed under "C" and no longer under "T". Since this is quite annoying, I ask you if there is a solution for this. I definitely want to stay with Groove, because I find it quite practical. Currently I do the dash like this "-" and not like this "-". There must be another option to get around this?

Groove song sorting partly incorrect? 0_big.png

:)

Daniel0000, Jun 5, 2020
  2. garym123 Win User

Songs on Windows Phone not showing up in groove music

How can Groove sort the song by artist if there is no artist info in the metadata for the song, because there is no artist info in the tag.

This is why.

To display correctly in the Groove filter list the album, artist and song data have to be entered in the mp3 tag, metadata.

If any of this data is missing the song will not show up in the artist, album or song list.

How can you expect a list to be correct with incomplete metadata in the song?

garym123, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Groove .. is it a joke?

Somehow I managed to focus on Groove that has been suggested to me instead of my usual choice - Winamp - when opening FLAC file. Groove has good sound, I must say, but the rest is simply unacceptable.
    It insists on having the Album named inside the file tag, so I have lot of albums named Unknown, or Greatest Hits. This is somehow connected to the choice of Album Art, so I have Demis Roussos Greatest Hits album tagged by Nice Cover Art of Smokie Greatest Hits. LOL. No way to create my own playlist. That is, I can create one, but I was unable to fill it with particular songs, because Groove insisted that I should add it from the album list, but my songs were not listed in the album list. And there are many other flaws. Simply - If I was the one that created this beast, I would commit sepuka.

Roman Krejci, Jun 5, 2020
  4. jeacerp Win User

Groove song sorting partly incorrect?

How can I repeat the song in Groove ?

Right clic on a track then choose "play". If the "repeat" icon is active (and your "currently playing" list only contains this track) it will repeat only this track. In other words the "repeat" function works on the "Currently playing" list of tracks. If you want only 1 track being repeated you need to have only that track listed.
    Hope this helps.

jeacerp, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Groove song sorting partly incorrect?

1. Groove song sorting partly incorrect? - Similar Threads - Groove song sorting

2. Groove music playlist won't save song order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music playlist won't save song order: I have my music saved in a specific order in a playlist in Groove Music with shuffle turned off. However, recently, I added some new pieces to the playlist again, in a specific order, then left the playlist and re-entered it, only to find that the playlist order had changed...
  3. Groove music playlist won't save song order

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove music playlist won't save song order: I have my music saved in a specific order in a playlist in Groove Music with shuffle turned off. However, recently, I added some new pieces to the playlist again, in a specific order, then left the playlist and re-entered it, only to find that the playlist order had changed...
  4. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  5. Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music: Hello,So, when I tried to save changes I made to the song, it won't let me save changes because the duration isn't clearly shown. No matter what I do, it still does not letting save changes when changing the info of the songs.Thanks,Xander Michael Shelton....
  6. Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music

Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music: Hello,So, when I tried to save changes I made to the song, it won't let me save changes because the duration isn't clearly shown. No matter what I do, it still does not letting save changes when changing the info of the songs.Thanks,Xander Michael Shelton....
  7. Songs with Blank Duration in Groove Music

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Groove Music Signing In, Won't Let Song Play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Signing In, Won't Let Song Play: How terrible is it that when an internet connection becomes present or when sometimes booting up groove that it won't let me play any songs whilst it is trying to sign in. How is it that it can happily play me a song offline until it tries to sign in which can last a minute...
  9. How can I repeat the song in Groove ?

How can I repeat the song in Groove ?: As the title said How can I repeat the song in Groove ? I only want to repeat only 1 song *Rolleyes [img] 9648
  10. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...