Windows 10: Group activation of an image on multiple machines

Discus and support Group activation of an image on multiple machines in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My organization supplied me with a group of Window 10 Enterprise computers activated using MAK keys. They are all going to run the same applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by oodly, Sep 26, 2019.

1. oodly Win User

Group activation of an image on multiple machines

My organization supplied me with a group of Window 10 Enterprise computers activated using MAK keys. They are all going to run the same applications and be deployed a different facilities. Setting up the first one was painstaking but I finally got everything just right. I created an image of it and restored it to the next computer but it didn't bring the MAK key with it. Is there a way to image the first computer to the rest and maintain their activation?

:)

oodly, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Athylus Win User

WIN10 activation of deployed image (Multiple PCs)

Will subsequent installs automatically activate when I do a sysprepped image-device copy to said machines?
    If volume licensing will be more expensive, then it is likely we will get separate windows keys. I looked up the price, and 840 euros for 24 licenses seems like a good deal.
    Basically what I'm doing, but using PXE boot to deploy a reference image. Doing that restore on all 24 computers manually takes too long.

Basically what I want to know now is:
    1. I make a reference image
    2. Sysprep that image
    3. PXE boot and spread image to 24 pcs
    4. activate windows 10 on 24 pcs
    5. Repeat step 3 every 10 weeks.

My understanding is, that the windows key will be bound to the machine (CMID). Now when I respread the same sysprepped image to all 24 devices every 90 days they will still be activated under that same key (automatically). Is this correct?

Athylus, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Group activation of an image on multiple machines 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Group activation of an image on multiple machines

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Group activation of an image on multiple machines

1. Group activation of an image on multiple machines - Similar Threads - Group activation image

2. One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines: Is it against the law? In Canada? Copy protection documentation and the forums hold no current answers for me. This is strictly for the basis of a case study I must perform for my College courses. Does it fall under Digital Rights Management?Please inform.Thank you....
  3. One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines: Is it against the law? In Canada? Copy protection documentation and the forums hold no current answers for me. This is strictly for the basis of a case study I must perform for my College courses. Does it fall under Digital Rights Management?Please inform.Thank you....
  4. Multiple disk images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple disk images: Hi,We have 10 identical Win10 laptops running the same software, but different laptop names of course.Setting up recovery: Anyway to create a single recovery USB and single IMAGE backup to service all machines? Not networked so I can do identical names if necessary. Avoid...
  5. Multiple disk images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple disk images: Hi,We have 10 identical Win10 laptops running the same software, but different laptop names of course.Setting up recovery: Anyway to create a single recovery USB and single IMAGE backup to service all machines? Not networked so I can do identical names if necessary. Avoid...
  6. Multiple disk images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple disk images: Hi,We have 10 identical Win10 laptops running the same software, but different laptop names of course.Setting up recovery: Anyway to create a single recovery USB and single IMAGE backup to service all machines? Avoid name and license issues.Thnx...
  7. Cloning Multiple Win10 machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning Multiple Win10 machines: I am trying to clone 30+ machine at one time. The issue I am having is that if I use one machine as my test and try and deploy that out to 30+ machines how can I get the COA key in the other machine to activate? All 30+ machines are brand new. They all have different COA...
  8. BSOD multiple machines vdd2hookkmode.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD multiple machines vdd2hookkmode.sys: Hi, Anyone could help me with analyse attached dump file? I have multiple machone with BSOD, all with vdd2hookkmode.sys fail. https://everisgroup-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jovieira_everis_com/EVZuCQ0X1NxMl9BNfDwPJBUB7I7dpYJZxfQNSKHw6t0b8w?e=OyI2BK...
  9. Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?: Ok, I have a gaming machine at home that was running W7. I upgraded to W10. It went from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro, which is fine. Not long after that, I ran into some issues that I was unable to correct, sfc /scannow was failing, and I couldn't get DISM to read the source...
  10. WIN10 activation of deployed image (Multiple PCs)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN10 activation of deployed image (Multiple PCs): Hello tenforums! After spending some 60 hours I taught myself how to image a hard disk, and spread it over the network using a switch and a master computer. My setup: 1 master PC with win10 image 1 switch 1 router with TFTP/DHCP 23 receiving PCs Clonezilla DRBL software...