Windows 10: Group by > Date modified (Windows 10 improvement request / Bug fix)

Discus and support Group by > Date modified (Windows 10 improvement request / Bug fix) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I hope that someone from the development team will read this at one point. It's very simple: Please make the "Group by > Date modified" use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrIJM, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DrIJM Win User

Group by > Date modified (Windows 10 improvement request / Bug fix)

Hello, I hope that someone from the development team will read this at one point.

It's very simple: Please make the "Group by > Date modified" use folder content for sorting folders. (As deep as the subfolders go)

Now that we got Enhanced search, this should not be a problem.

At this point: It sorts folders by the last time folders name was changed, or the folder was created; That's kinda useless.

This way we can be more efficient when looking through shared folders, where multiple users can add content to subfolders.

It's a very simple, and small change, but it would make explorer much better.

Thanks!

:)

DrIJM, Jun 19, 2019
  2. DrIJM Win User

Hello, I hope that someone from the development team will read this at one point.

It's very simple: Please make the "Group by > Date modified" use folder content for sorting folders. (As deep as the subfolders go)

Now that we got Enhanced search, this should not be a problem.

At this point: It sorts folders by the last time folders name was changed, or the folder was created; That's kinda useless.

This way we can be more efficient when looking through shared folders, where multiple users can add content to subfolders.

It's a very simple, and small change, but it would make explorer much better.

Thanks!

DrIJM, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Group by > Date modified (Windows 10 improvement request / Bug fix)

Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Group by > Date modified (Windows 10 improvement request / Bug fix) - Similar Threads - Group Date modified

2. Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.: Hi. In a msoffice forum on January 2, 2022 Lorraine- asked a question, “Why is my modified date earlier than the date I took the photo?” Unfortunately the moderator misread it and banged on about “Date Modified” v “Date Created”. At a second try by Lorraine the moderator gave...
  3. Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.: Hi. In a msoffice forum on January 2, 2022 Lorraine- asked a question, “Why is my modified date earlier than the date I took the photo?” Unfortunately the moderator misread it and banged on about “Date Modified” v “Date Created”. At a second try by Lorraine the moderator gave...
  4. Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified: I was going through some files looking for the date I created / made / saved them first and noticed this problem.When I list Date Created and Date Modified in File Explorer, the Date Modified is either equal to possible or earlier than not possible the Date Created. I do not...
  5. How to fix 'Date Modified' not updating in Windows

How to fix 'Date Modified' not updating in Windows: I bought a new computer and transfered a few files over, but the date modified was not updating after doing so. I just created a new main 'parent' folder and transfered all the files over with cut and paste. Hopefully to make more clear: 1. Say your folder is called...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug

Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug: Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug will not stay on sort by none after it switches to sort by date modified. I can reset to ort by none, then click view and then options, then view in folder options, then click Apply To Folders and OK,...
  7. Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER

Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER: Hi All, The first beauty I've discovered following my recent corporate W10 upgrade to build 10.0.18363.1198 it is that the Downloads folder keeps getting sorted by date modified no matter what. I switch to View, go to Group By and select None there, after which it lasts a...
  8. date modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified: when Im looking for files it no longer lets me do date modified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified/35718835-05a2-4282-8ba9-ed627239b036
  9. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  10. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...