Windows 10: "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...

Discus and support "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to upload a file from the Downloads folder, the view in the File Explorer pop-up always reverts to the Group By Date view. Even though I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tydoggg, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Tydoggg Win User

"Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...

When trying to upload a file from the Downloads folder, the view in the File Explorer pop-up always reverts to the Group By Date view. Even though I have set the default for that folder view to Group By: none. And it does have that view when simply viewing the folder, just not when in the upload popup for that folder. This appears to only be an issue with this specific folder. Help?

:)

Tydoggg, Jan 26, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 26, 2022
  3. ineuw Win User
    How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 tutorial

The delay to reply was unrelated to this topic. I was preparing to add a disc drive. The preferred view is working now, and here is the step by step list of what I did, and it includes an additional step at the end. I also rebooted after each step.

1. Reset all views to default.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Changed the "My Pc" view to Details and set the "Group By" to [None]. But left everything else at default.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. "My Pc" view retained the selected setting, alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.
    6. Switched to Drive C:\, set it to "Details" and changed the column order to "Name, Size Type and Date". Grouping is available but not applied by the default settings.
    7. Rebooted.
    8. "My Pc" lost the settings, reverted to "Tile" and "Group by" was active again.
    9. Reconfigured to "Details" and set the "Group By" to [None].
    10. Rebooted.
    11. "My Pc" view retained the selected settings. Alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.

ineuw, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Berton Win User

"Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...

Uploading photos into folders

There's a number of ways to organize photos or files and there will be a number of opinions about it but one way I use is to first open File Manager then the Pictures Folder to create subFolders, name strictly up to the user. Then I open another instance of File Manager to the Memory card and simply drag the files into one of those Folders. Different camera brands store the pictures differently so you need to be familiar to how yours works. Most time inserting a Memory card or USB Thumb drive will pop up a panel asking how you want to open it, I always choose File Explorer. But then I learned file management back in DOS and Windows 3.xx days and floppy drives.

Berton, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

1. "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when... - Similar Threads - Group Downloads folder

2. Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open: Whenever I try to open Group Policy Editor, I encountered with a Pop-Up stating that "Policy presentation element 'ForceInstantDimDropDown' in referenced presentation 'ForceInstantDim' does not exits", how to fix this?...
  3. Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open: Whenever I try to open Group Policy Editor, I encountered with a Pop-Up stating that "Policy presentation element 'ForceInstantDimDropDown' in referenced presentation 'ForceInstantDim' does not exits", how to fix this?...
  4. "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...: When trying to upload a file from the Downloads folder, the view in the File Explorer pop-up always reverts to the Group By Date view. Even though I have set the default for that folder view to Group By: none. And it does have that view when simply viewing the folder, just...
  5. "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Group By" for the Downloads folder is different when using the upload pop-up than when...: When trying to upload a file from the Downloads folder, the view in the File Explorer pop-up always reverts to the Group By Date view. Even though I have set the default for that folder view to Group By: none. And it does have that view when simply viewing the folder, just...
  6. I Uploaded my AppData folder to OneDrive, but when i downloaded it, the folder was...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Uploaded my AppData folder to OneDrive, but when i downloaded it, the folder was...: I suspected my computer had malware due to various signs that point in that direction. So I uploaded all the files I had that I find important to OneDrive and completely factory reset my system, however when I downloaded the files they showed up as empty. Now by files im...
  7. Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana pops up when using Touchpad: Sometimes when working with touchpad Cortana pops up. I'm not sure which gesture triggers it. How can I disable Cortana starting up b touchpad? I'm on an ASUS so touchpad driver is ASUS Smart Gesture. submitted by /u/DaLazyGamer [link] [comments]...
  8. default folder when uploading files

default folder when uploading files: When i upload files online the open file window shows the last folder i uploaded from. Is there any way to change it so it shows a specific folder by default? submitted by /u/daanish_025 [link] [comments]...
  9. Microsoft Store pop up when downloading

Microsoft Store pop up when downloading: So everytime I download something from my browser there'a a pop up window from the Microsoft Store asks me if I want to donload this beuase it's not from the store. That was annoying but ok. In the last few days the pop up also appears when I want to download something but it...
  10. Blur in Download and Upload pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blur in Download and Upload pop up: Hi I face some issue with my Windows. Whenever I want to downlaod or upload something. The file explorer become blur. Anybody have some idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blur-in-download-and-upload-pop-up/145fc338-97c9-4c5e-b5e8-2915a5ed7a96