Windows 10: Group By in File Explorer

Discus and support Group By in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Each time I open "Downloads" folder in file explorer, its "Grouped By". Have to select "None" to view it normally. Next time its again "Grouped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Motim Win User

Group By in File Explorer

Hello,
    Each time I open "Downloads" folder in file explorer, its "Grouped By". Have to select "None" to view it normally.
    Next time its again "Grouped By". How do I get rid of this and set it to be always as "None".
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Window 10 pro x 64, 19041.264

:)

Motim, Mar 23, 2021

2. File explorer (Grouping files)

I already do something very similar, i was just hoping to be able to have the files in groups rather then as a long list. Hopefully someone knows how to edit these inbuilt group options.

It is odd if windows added a group option, to group files, but wont let me create any groups to categorize the files in. Group By in File Explorer :(

ChrisKongsh, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Rohn007 Win User

file explorer --group

In File Explorer go to View tab > Current view group.

If the files in the folder support grouping then the "Group By" command will be enabled, click on the drop down and select the group criteria you want to use.

Rohn007, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Group By in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Group File Explorer

2. "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders: Ever since I got the Windows 11 22H2 update, where you can see some things were changed in File Explorer, my folders are constantly reverting to Group by Date modified and sorted by Date modified. It's also not recognizing the type of files in the folder and tailoring options...
  3. "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders: Ever since I got the Windows 11 22H2 update, where you can see some things were changed in File Explorer, my folders are constantly reverting to Group by Date modified and sorted by Date modified. It's also not recognizing the type of files in the folder and tailoring options...
  4. File Explorer group-by in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer group-by in Windows 11: I cannot change the group-by view settings in File Explorer. The current setting is to group by date, with newest files grouped first. I want no grouping, and sorted by file name. Other posts have told me to go to the Folder Options, click the View tab, and select "Apply to...
  5. File Explorer group-by in Windows 11

File Explorer group-by in Windows 11: I cannot change the group-by view settings in File Explorer. The current setting is to group by date, with newest files grouped first. I want no grouping, and sorted by file name. Other posts have told me to go to the Folder Options, click the View tab, and select "Apply to...
  6. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  7. File Explorer Grouping

File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  8. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty: Two PC, both Windows 10 latest version. File explorer "Group by name" on First PC: 3 groups starting with A-H Second PC: 4 groups starting with A-G ?????...
  9. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable the file display groups in file explorer: I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this groups. For example Q-Z 2. Really. I do not like this. It is like my email trying to sort by today, earlier in the week,...
  10. Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately: Hi, There are lots of forum posts about people wanting to have folders always on top. I have the opposite problem: I DON'T want folders on top. If I arrange a directory by Name, Date modified, Type, Size etc. then the folders are always kept together - I don't want this. If...