Windows 10: Group by type not working right

Discus and support Group by type not working right in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed today that when I group by type that all images regardless of extension show as Sony Raw instead of the individual extensions like JPG or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelCudd, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Group by type not working right

I noticed today that when I group by type that all images regardless of extension show as Sony Raw instead of the individual extensions like JPG or PNG.
    I removed everything that was related to Sony and restarted and it still shows that way. How can I reset this?

:)

MichaelCudd, Oct 25, 2020
  2. ineuw Win User

How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 tutorial

The delay to reply was unrelated to this topic. I was preparing to add a disc drive. The preferred view is working now, and here is the step by step list of what I did, and it includes an additional step at the end. I also rebooted after each step.

1. Reset all views to default.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Changed the "My Pc" view to Details and set the "Group By" to [None]. But left everything else at default.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. "My Pc" view retained the selected setting, alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.
    6. Switched to Drive C:\, set it to "Details" and changed the column order to "Name, Size Type and Date". Grouping is available but not applied by the default settings.
    7. Rebooted.
    8. "My Pc" lost the settings, reverted to "Tile" and "Group by" was active again.
    9. Reconfigured to "Details" and set the "Group By" to [None].
    10. Rebooted.
    11. "My Pc" view retained the selected settings. Alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.

ineuw, Oct 25, 2020
  3. [Windows 10] Grouping by type, folders not on top

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps, follow the below steps.

• Right click on the empty space and click on Group by.

• Now click on Ascending and check.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Group by type not working right

Starting Home Group Listener gives no more endpoints available

Hi,

I suggest you to run the inbuilt home group Troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Click on view all.
    • Select Home group from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Group by type not working right

1. Group by type not working right - Similar Threads - Group type working

2. Texting a Group Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Texting a Group Not Working: I'm using MS Phone Link and have connected my android phone and am happy with the interface. My question is why can I not send text messages to a group of three? It works on single text but not groups? Please Advise...
  3. Texting a Group Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Texting a Group Not Working: I'm using MS Phone Link and have connected my android phone and am happy with the interface. My question is why can I not send text messages to a group of three? It works on single text but not groups? Please Advise...
  4. Keys not working right arrow button types 8

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keys not working right arrow button types 8: I am having various keys not working correctly: When I type the "p" button "ip" comes up every time: "i" appears before the "p" which was typed. the "end" button types " , " the "pg dn" button types "k" the "pg up" button types "\" the "home" button types "]" the "left arrow"...
  5. Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?

Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?: Hello. If I create a group policy to restrict access to a single app or to restrict access to Control Panel, is that policy applied to all USERS including those with Admin rights? I assume that the administrator type account used to create the policy is NOT restricted. Or...
  6. Group Policy not working

Group Policy not working: I have assigned the Group Policy to block the storage devices like USBs on windows Server 2019 and after that i have done the command: gpupdate /force but when i login on windows 10 with the Active Directory User on the same machine it is not working....
  7. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....
  8. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either: Hi there A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I right click on things like Word or Excel, a list pops up of recently opened documents. All that happens now is that the blue...
  9. changing account type back to administrator group

changing account type back to administrator group: Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a bad trouble. i can't even reset my windows because of this. and due to same problem i can't activate the built in administrator...
  10. Sort and group files types by extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort and group files types by extension: Is there anyway to teach windows to group same type files, ie .jpg/.png and .avi/.mkv/.mp4 together? When I sort my media folder by type, i end up with .mp4 files being sandwiched between jpg and pngs Please dont tell me to make additional folders, I have my own reasons and...