Windows 10: group emails in windows 10 mail

Discus and support group emails in windows 10 mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; whilst I kind of like windows 10 it is sometimes not user friendly, I used to be able to create a mailing list for my club members now I find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by basilsdad, Oct 5, 2019.

1. basilsdad Win User

group emails in windows 10 mail

whilst I kind of like windows 10 it is sometimes not user friendly, I used to be able to create a mailing list for my club members now I find it impossible with the mail app in windows 10 whoever created this did not have ordinary people in mind.

pleeeese help how can I create a simple mailing list to use every time I want to email information to my fellow club members. I do not want to be typing 80 plus addresses every time I want to send a mail.

:)

basilsdad, Oct 5, 2019
  2. John582n Win User

Mail - want to make a group List in windows 10

Windows 10 Hints & Tips—Creating an email Group in the Mail app

To send an email to a group of people using the Windows 10 Mail app:

• Start the People app
    • Add a new contact called "My Group" (or whatever)
    • In the Personal email box, list all the email addresses you want in the group separated by a comma (no spaces!!) - eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***,*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"
    • Save

To send an email to that group:

• Start the People app, highlight My Group then click "Email Personal" in the right pane and choose "Mail", then OK.
    • The Mail App will open and (if you only have one account) a new email will appear.
      If you have multiple accounts you need to select the account.

John582n, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows Mail group email; Outlook 2016

Windows 10. Surface Pro 3. Office 365

I've defaulted to Windows email since I don't have to time to make Outlook 2016 link to Outlook.com, an issue I'll resolve later.

I cannot find a way to create a group mailing list, although there were some old suggestions relating to Vista, which said that a right click in an open space in the Contacts app would generate an option to create a group. This hasn't been my experience.

Does anyone have a suggestion to make this happen?

Thanks

MAFoster15, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The ‘Mail’ and ‘People’ app work together. Currently the option to create a ‘Group’ in Mail or ‘People’ is unavailable.

I would suggest you to check with the workaround below and see it that helps you.

Sending ‘Group’ email through the ‘People’ app:

1. Add a contact in ‘People’ app with the email section containing all the email addresses that you wish to send the email to, be sure to separate the email addresses with a semi-colon between each of them and no spaces.
    2. In the ‘Name’ section, you may enter the ‘Group’ name. Click on the ‘Save’ icon in the top right corner.
    3. The ‘Group’ will now be added to the list of contacts. Select the ‘Group’ and click on the ‘Email Personal’ section.
    4. You will be prompted to choose an application, select the ‘Mail’ app and click on ‘Ok’.
    5. The ‘Mail’ app will open will open with all the email addresses that was added under that name as recipients

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. group emails in windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - group emails mail

2. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  3. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  4. How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App: In the Windows 11 Mail App not Outlook, I can't seem to save email groups in the Contacts after I set them up. The group contact title is still there, but all the individual personal emails previously listed and saved in the group contact have disappeared when I access the...
  5. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  6. How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?

How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?: I have a large number of emails that have built up in my online account and I want to remove older and irrelevant ones. How can I filter or select batches of emails, such as by sender or by date range? The help page is pretty useless on this much of the "how to use Mail"...
  7. Groups in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groups in Windows Mail: How can I generate groups in Windows Mail or Import from Gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groups-in-windows-mail/16943f53-cc91-44e5-be03-8cfb6eacc2ad
  8. Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail

Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail: Hello, I can't work out how to send email to a group contact, I have to list each recipient one by one. This can't be right? What am I missing? Thanks in anticipation Anthony...
  9. group mailings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    group mailings in windows 10: Previous versions of Windows allows for group mailings, so fa it appears that Windows 10 doesn't. This is a really good feature. It is a real pain to have to enter multiple names one at a time for group mailings. Should I investigate switching to Google or other EMAILs...
  10. Windows Mail App - email groups

Windows Mail App - email groups: I have just been on line with Microsoft who confirm the Windows Mail App does not have the facility to create email groups. I need to use this function regularly and I am currently using my Gmail account for this purpose. When will Microsoft develop an email groups function...