Windows 10: Group games together for time limit

Discus and support Group games together for time limit in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up time limits for games on my kids' account, and while I see how I can set individual time limits for each app, I was wondering if... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jcdudgeon, Nov 30, 2020.

1. jcdudgeon Win User

Group games together for time limit

I'm trying to set up time limits for games on my kids' account, and while I see how I can set individual time limits for each app, I was wondering if there was a way to set up a limit for a group of apps?

For example, they have Roblox and Minecraft, and I would like to set a combined limit of 2 hours for both programs, such that if they spend 1 hour on Minecraft they will only be able to spend 1 hour on Roblox, or if they spend that hour on Minecraft they get no time on Roblox that day.

Thanks for the assistance!

:)

jcdudgeon, Nov 30, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Nov 30, 2020
  3. microsoft family group time limits

i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand
    my confusion

JessKendall, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Group games together for time limit

Set Video Game Time Limit

Hello, i have a young user which quite addicted to video games. Now i don't want to block the video games completely, and i also don't want to limit his computer usage time, as his school activity required using computer and internet a lot, i just want to
    put a time limit to a group of selected programs/games without hindering the usage of the computer or internet at all. Is there any feature on family safety or any third party that can do that? I am currently use
    Windows 10.

Thank you for the attention

GitaPrasetya, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Group games together for time limit

1. Group games together for time limit - Similar Threads - Group games together

2. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  3. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  4. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  6. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  7. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]: Hello All, The norm seems to be 2 hrs per day. Dividing that up into YouTube, XBox and some approved online sites leaves little time for each. Our 10 yo is allowed online only after all his homework is complete, sports practice, chores and any family plans are completed. He...
  10. microsoft family group time limits

microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...