Windows 10: Group names on start menu

Discus and support Group names on start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Group names on start menu

Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible.

:)

meebers, Jun 20, 2016
  2. kihtrak_s Win User

Retain the start menu groups during Windows 10 upgrade

I kind of liked the start menu in Windows 8.1. I had organized it into groups and named them as I needed it.

But when I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the groups and names. Is there a way I can get it back?

Also, I have one another laptop, where I am yet to upgrade from Win 8.1. Is there a way I can backup the settings for start menu and the groups? Can I restore it after the upgrade to Windows 10?

kihtrak_s, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Renaming Tiles on Windows 10

Hi William,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In Windows 10 Start Menu, tiles are automatically divided into two groups and the group names are shown on the top left of the tiles, as exhibited in the following screen shot. If you dislike the default names, you can go to change them.

Open start menu, Move mouse pointer to the top of a group of tile, click the pop-up
    equal sign (i.e. =) and type a new name.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

You may do this to remove the group names.

Group names on start menu [​IMG]

5. meebers Win User
    Yes, on my machine, it only clears the text (name) out of the box. I was wanting to remove the whole group "field" header?? the closest I can come is to just clear the box and put a single space in there.

meebers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Group names on start menu - Similar Threads - Group names start

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  5. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

Naming Glitch in Start Menu: I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer....
  6. How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu: I recently decided to expand the number of columns in my start menu from the default four, but when moving tiles to the new blank right side, I find that there are fields that block the tiles from being exactly where I want to place them. When I click on these fields, the...
  7. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  8. Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?: The gap is kinda ugly. Anyone can help me with this? https://i.imgur.com/WEnN2Ds.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0iqvy/is_it_possible_to_remove_the_name_group_bar_in/
  9. More Groups on Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  10. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu remove name group

2. remove start menu name group