Windows 10: Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?

Discus and support Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a group of services changing their name on every reboot. This seems suspicious to me, but the file signatures seem to be valid.[ATTACH] All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam.Pennington, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?

I have a group of services changing their name on every reboot. This seems suspicious to me, but the file signatures seem to be valid. Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus? 0596caf9-20f4-4e66-8dc8-9edf15513b9a?upload=true.png

All attempts to stop these from starting has failed forced all of them to disabled after stopping all. Also whenever I open the service properties the login information is blank and trying to save changes results in an error: "The parameter is incorrect".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

Sam.Pennington, Feb 26, 2020

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Group Policy Client Services

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which version of Windows is installed on your computer?
    2. Is your system connected to Domain network?

If you are not on a domain network you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below.

Method 1: Winsock reset.

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Once you are on the same mode.
    3. Search for Command Prompt on the Start Menu.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in netsh winsock reset
      on the command prompt and hit enter.
    6. Reboot the computer and check.

If you still face the issue you can try the suggestion

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?
    Posted by Mohammad Iqubal, However from this article I suggest you not to delete the data, you can try to move
    it to a safe location.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?

Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?

1. Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus? - Similar Threads - Group Microsoft services

2. Is this a bug or a virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a bug or a virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkHyena1818 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xhiwe5/is_this_a_bug_or_a_virus/
  3. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  4. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  5. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. BUG: grouping files from folders that have a dash in the name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BUG: grouping files from folders that have a dash in the name: Hi, I found a bug in Windows 10 Explorer when grouping files from folders that have a dash in the name. 1 Create a folder that will contain two subfolders with names such as: abc-def-ghi and the second abc-defghi. Just make sure they have the same name, except that one dash...
  7. this is a virus or a bug ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is a virus or a bug ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrnothing- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwk7yp/this_is_a_virus_or_a_bug/
  8. Windows update service start parameter changes every time I reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update service start parameter changes every time I reboot: Trying to update Minecraft for my little brother. The windows update service was disabled, so Microsoft store downloads wouldn't work. I tried to enable and start the service with the "services" window but I don't have permission. I used registry editor to try and add his...
  9. Virus or bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or bug: Hi i have a virus and my computer is not working or working but very very slower what is happening? What should i do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-bug/da60f72f-cd73-41c4-8222-ae8b14798acf
  10. Bug or virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug or virus.: I am user of windows 10 64 bit edition, my laptop is fx504. I am facing auto typing issue in windows. Whenever I am logging in, windows start typing c automatically and it restrict me to do any other task. If any one can kindly help me to rectify this issue....