Windows 10: Group or ungroup

Discus and support Group or ungroup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WHY!!!! Why remove the ability to ungroup in the taskbar???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by METCOAD, Feb 25, 2022.

1. METCOAD Win User

Group or ungroup

WHY!!!! Why remove the ability to ungroup in the taskbar???

:)

METCOAD, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ungroup sessions in the Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to ungroup the sessions for Antares app in the Taskbar, and keep all other apps grouped.

There is a setting we can change to ungroup the applications in the Taskbar. However, this will ungroup all the other applications in the Taskbar as well. You may want to try it and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization and select
      Taskbar from the left pane.
    3. Select Never from the drop down for
      Combine taskbar buttons.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback, and your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Hence, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can look
    into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.

Tab Groups includes the following features:
    • Add tab to new or existing group
    • Remove tab from group
    • Name or rename group
    • Open new tab in group
    • Ungroup tabs in a group
    • Close group to remove group and all added tabs
    This tutorial will show you how to ungroup tabs in a group and remove tab from group without closing tabs in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Langecrew Win User

Group or ungroup

Downloads folder: speedy, then grouped, then ungrouped, now crippled

I've seen a number of other questions about this, but nothing about my specific issue.

One day recently, I saw that my downloads folder had been automatically grouped for me, without my permission, in an unhelpful way, by some random update. So, I ungrouped it.

Now my downloads folder is essentially crippled. Every time I try to open it, it takes something like 30 seconds to a minute to load, sometimes longer. As some other posts have noted, the downloads folder is still grouped when viewed from a system "Save
    As" dialog, but that's slow now too even though it is still grouped.

Other folders on my system, regardless of their size or number of items they hold, load up in less time than I can even perceive. My downloads folder did too, up until exactly the moment that I ungrouped it.

Why is my download folder so slow to operate now? Is there some way to fix this? I see other folders on my system that have been grouped automatically too, I must have never even noticed it until now. This behavior is unacceptable and will be eliminated
    immediately, but I fear that whatever happened to my folder, might happen to my whole computer now.

Has anyone seen these two behaviors coupled? That being:

1. Undoing the work of an automatic update that grouped your downloads folder for you
    2. That grouped folder subsequently becoming crippled

Langecrew, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Group or ungroup

1. Group or ungroup - Similar Threads - Group ungroup

2. Encryption Computer Take over WSUU, Group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encryption Computer Take over WSUU, Group policy: I have for a year been looking for a way to recover files encrypted by wsuu. I found a file repair was the trick as my files were actually deleted. Someone managed to get Mac address of my device from there they were able to get all of my devices tablets, laptops, computers,...
  3. Encryption Computer Take over WSUU, Group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encryption Computer Take over WSUU, Group policy: I have for a year been looking for a way to recover files encrypted by wsuu. I found a file repair was the trick as my files were actually deleted. Someone managed to get Mac address of my device from there they were able to get all of my devices tablets, laptops, computers,...
  4. Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup

Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup: Hi, this is Windows 11 22H2 22621.2715.The taskbar settings for grouping/ungrouping icons don't work. I checked another computer with identical Win version and all the taskbar settings are working there. So it must be something wrong with my computer, ignoring the settings...
  5. Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup: Hi, this is Windows 11 22H2 22621.2715.The taskbar settings for grouping/ungrouping icons don't work. I checked another computer with identical Win version and all the taskbar settings are working there. So it must be something wrong with my computer, ignoring the settings...
  6. Task bar group icons - ungroup all open windows

Task bar group icons - ungroup all open windows: Hi, I would like to ask how to ungroup open windows/app in task bar? It's much better to just click open window/apps in task bar than to hover and click....
  7. Task bar group icons - ungroup all open windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar group icons - ungroup all open windows: Hi, I would like to ask how to ungroup open windows/app in task bar? It's much better to just click open window/apps in task bar than to hover and click....
  8. Group or ungroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group or ungroup: WHY!!!! Why remove the ability to ungroup in the taskbar??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-or-ungroup/4f410614-5246-43ba-a84f-fb22b4b2d90f
  9. How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  10. Downloads folder: speedy, then grouped, then ungrouped, now crippled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder: speedy, then grouped, then ungrouped, now crippled: I've seen a number of other questions about this, but nothing about my specific issue. One day recently, I saw that my downloads folder had been automatically grouped for me, without my permission, in an unhelpful way, by some random update. So, I ungrouped it. Now my...