Windows 10: Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon

Discus and support Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; when I tried to login this morning to (fairly) recent Win 10 installation, I got a message something like "Group Policy indicates online login, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jamie1Jimmy2, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon

when I tried to login this morning to (fairly) recent Win 10 installation, I got a message something like "Group Policy indicates online login, but Windows cannot locate info,contact administrator for help"-I AM the administrator , and I'm trying to log into the server. Any thoughts?

:)

Jamie1Jimmy2, Sep 10, 2015

2. Group policy client failure

I cant logon to any of my acounts as " windows couldnt connect to the group policy client service. Please contact your system administrator. " Online answers to this problem state that you can logon to the administrator account and fix the problem but I
    get this warning when trying to logon as administrator. I cannot logon to any other accounts either as the computer now asks for passwords when none were setup. Problem started after a recent update.

HeatherGreatwood, Sep 10, 2015
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon

1. Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon - Similar Threads - Group policy cannot

2. Cannot Clear Group Policies???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Clear Group Policies???: I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tried to clear the attached group policies from my Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2 as they are causing Windows Update to not update properly. I have tried both the gpedit.msc way (sorted by status) and also the command prompt method...
  3. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced: I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my...
  4. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  5. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy: Is Notify For Download And Notify For Install still available? If not, should I change to Notify for Download and Auto Install or the other way around? 139897
  6. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  7. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  8. Can't update (due to group policies?)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update (due to group policies?): I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Each day I get a message that updates failed, with a 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message. I found a "fix" online that requires the use of gpedit.msc, but when I tried to run that I got a message...
  9. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965