Windows 10: Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Discus and support Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Whelan189, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there?

Grateful for any guidance, many thanks.

:)

Whelan189, Nov 28, 2018
  2. AndyK Win User

Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis.

Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles to stop the hard drive from clogging up.

This seems to work however, it also deletes the admin account if this has not been accessed within the timeframe I have set. As a result, the admin account is recreated.

Is there any way to only allow user accounts to be deleted whilst leaving the admin account untouched?

Thanks in advance.

AndyK, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

1. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?) - Similar Threads - Group Policy delete

2. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  3. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  4. Delete Old Profiles? GPO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete Old Profiles? GPO: Hello, We have a Folder Redirect for staff so files are roaming but not for students, so students accounts are stored on the SSD, at the moment every so often I have to manually log into the machine and delete the profiles needed. this is time consuming and also if left too...
  5. Deleting An Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting An Admin Account: My 15 y/o son has somehow become the administrator account on my laptop. I already created a new account for me and set it to administrator. I am unable to delete his account as it is set to my login on the laptop. Help!...
  6. Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account: I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis. Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer...
  7. can't delete old user profiles

can't delete old user profiles: help please i cant delete the old profile name in user/ folder microsoft tech support ruined it 85151
  8. admin account profile

admin account profile: i have gotten my user account set up just the way i want, and now i would like to have an admin account available on my login screen (in addition to my user account) that has same basic settings (all the stuff the way i want it) as my user account. i have found that if i...
  9. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965