Windows 10: Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Discus and support Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Whelan189, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there?

Grateful for any guidance, many thanks.

:)

Whelan189, Nov 28, 2018
  2. AndyK Win User

Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis.

Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles to stop the hard drive from clogging up.

This seems to work however, it also deletes the admin account if this has not been accessed within the timeframe I have set. As a result, the admin account is recreated.

Is there any way to only allow user accounts to be deleted whilst leaving the admin account untouched?

Thanks in advance.

AndyK, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

1. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?) - Similar Threads - Group Policy delete

2. WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles: How can I change WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-ssid-from-user-profiles-to-group-policy/aef93ffa-dd07-458b-80c4-11ac7d40f27d
  3. Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?: Hello. If I create a group policy to restrict access to a single app or to restrict access to Control Panel, is that policy applied to all USERS including those with Admin rights? I assume that the administrator type account used to create the policy is NOT restricted. Or...
  4. No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?: Hi All Can someone please confirm how to grant Read Access to Group Policy. This is for existing Admins, who can create new Policies.( I have also added the Read only permission on the Delegation tab). When we were on Server 2008r2 we could just right click and edit, this...
  5. Disabled regedit and Group policy snap-in from one of the Admin account group policy. How...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabled regedit and Group policy snap-in from one of the Admin account group policy. How...: Disabled registry editor and Group policy snap-in through one of the Admin account from group policy. How to re-enable either one. Please advice....
  6. Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...: Hi i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable storage Devices. when i tried to allow Removable storage Devices with Edit group policy. Changes are applied to Administrator...
  7. deleteing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleteing old admin: my exfriend set herself up as the administrator on my computer and I have no way of signing in to her account. selling laptop and need to factory reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-old-admin/d706e0f9-e868-4cc3-bb31-57b966a00da1
  8. Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account: I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis. Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer...
  9. admin account profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account profile: i have gotten my user account set up just the way i want, and now i would like to have an admin account available on my login screen (in addition to my user account) that has same basic settings (all the stuff the way i want it) as my user account. i have found that if i...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965