Windows 10: Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

Discus and support Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jon Dukes, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Jon Dukes Win User

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find that it is now just a black wallpaper. It seems to happen at random but once it has happened the wallpaper does not come back. If I clear the registry keys where the wallpaper is specified and reboot it comes back but only for one day and then it goes black again.

Strangely, if I set the computer to be in High Contrast mode and then take it back out of high contrast mode, the wallpaper reappears but again only for one day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jon Dukes, Sep 4, 2020
  2. LHF1997 Win User

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working

The Local Group Policy option entitled "Desktop Wallpaper", used to change the wallpaper of all users on a local machine has spontaneously stopped working after an update. Every new users that logs on has the default Windows wallpaper.

I strive for uniformity at my company and this is unacceptable. Is there a hotfix available to resolve this issue?

P.S. - I also tried to change the default wallpaper by loading a specific theme through Local Group Policy (this used to work), but the default Windows wallpaper was not changed for new users.

LHF1997, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

1. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black - Similar Threads - Group Policy Desktop

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group policy: Event viewer error.Current job count for user KEN\kenst 60 is equal to or greater than job limit 50 specified through group policy.Increase per user, per computer through group policy.Tried search on internet, but no help.Can anyone tell me how to do this, simply, please?...
  5. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  6. group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  7. How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor: [ATTACH]If you cannot open Windows Settings, you can set desktop wallpaper using the Local Group […] This article How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Group Policy

Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  9. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working: The Local Group Policy option entitled "Desktop Wallpaper", used to change the wallpaper of all users on a local machine has spontaneously stopped working after an update. Every new users that logs on has the default Windows wallpaper. I strive for uniformity at my company...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965