Windows 10: Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working

Discus and support Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Local Group Policy option entitled "Desktop Wallpaper", used to change the wallpaper of all users on a local machine has spontaneously stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LHF1997, Oct 25, 2019.

1. LHF1997 Win User

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working

The Local Group Policy option entitled "Desktop Wallpaper", used to change the wallpaper of all users on a local machine has spontaneously stopped working after an update. Every new users that logs on has the default Windows wallpaper.

I strive for uniformity at my company and this is unacceptable. Is there a hotfix available to resolve this issue?

P.S. - I also tried to change the default wallpaper by loading a specific theme through Local Group Policy (this used to work), but the default Windows wallpaper was not changed for new users.

:)

LHF1997, Oct 25, 2019

2. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper has stopped working - Similar Threads - Group Policy Desktop

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. Group Policy not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy not working: I have assigned the Group Policy to block the storage devices like USBs on windows Server 2019 and after that i have done the command: gpupdate /force but when i login on windows 10 with the Active Directory User on the same machine it is not working....
  4. How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor: [ATTACH]If you cannot open Windows Settings, you can set desktop wallpaper using the Local Group […] This article How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....
  6. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black: I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find that it is now just a black wallpaper. It seems to happen at random but once it has happened the wallpaper does not come back....
  7. Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy Editor not working: I installed Group Policy Editor on my windows 10 home computer and it installed fine. But when I try to enable Windows Defender AV Signature Updates (specify the day of the week on which to check for definition updates) and select (every day) it will not enable. When I hit...
  8. group policy client service is stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    group policy client service is stopped: Symptons include the Settings > Update and Security Window freezes with a blank pane, and then disappears after a while (the time before disappearance varies.) Right clicks in File manager or any file related activity has long hang time, or may not recover. Chrome may fail...
  9. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965
  10. Cortana and desktop wallpapers stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and desktop wallpapers stopped working: The Cortana button shows up on the task bar, but when I click on it to access the "Run" feature (Which should have stayed in the Start Menu), nothing happens. The window doesn't open anymore. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Also, I cannot add new desktop...