Windows 10: Group Policy Editor not working

Discus and support Group Policy Editor not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Group Policy Editor on my windows 10 home computer and it installed fine. But when I try to enable Windows Defender AV Signature Updates... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by novelist11, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Group Policy Editor not working

I installed Group Policy Editor on my windows 10 home computer and it installed fine. But when I try to enable Windows Defender AV Signature Updates (specify the day of the week on which to check for definition updates) and select (every day) it will not enable. When I hit Apply then OK it shows disabled. Anyone know why I can't enable this?

:)

novelist11, Oct 11, 2017

2. Some settings are managed by your organization

I have dell home pc

I am tying to open group policy editor by gpedit. Msc

But not working

Also downloaded group policy editor but installtion is faild

Windows 10 home

SAURABHPANDIT626, Oct 11, 2017
  3. windows defender offline scan

Did not work. I can not change any properties for the two services i need to change. Even when i run service editor as admin. I also can NOT run group policy editor. Excuse me. Microsoft will not allow me to run group policy editor. Harry Smith...

clHarrySmith, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Group Policy Editor not working

Hello novelist11, *Smile

Most likely, the issue is that the Local Group Policy Editor is not supported in the Windows 10 Home edition even if used a hack to add it.

You should be able to manually set this policy via Registry Editor though. Most likely, you'll need to restart the computer to apply.

Group Policy Search

Brink, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Thanks Brink,

What's weird is it works if I set it to say Monday or Tuesday but not every day. How do i go about manually setting this policy via Registry Editor?

novelist11, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd, it might not work manually either then.

You can look up the policy at the link I posted above to see what its registry key and value is to set.

Brink, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Something is wrong because when I open my registry all I see is HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender with just Policy Manager underneath it nothing else. I guess the hack didn't work after all.

novelist11, Oct 11, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It doesn't sound like it did then.

What's the Group Policy location and setting your using? I'll look it up on my W10 Pro system to confirm the registry key and value.

Brink, Oct 11, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Group Policy Editor not working - Similar Threads - Group Policy Editor

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  4. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  5. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: It appears my Windows 10 [1909 OS Build 18363.1440] OS, either does not have or will give access to a Local Group Policy Editor. When I attempt to open the Group Policy Editor, from cmdline: gpedit.msc → NOT RECOGNIZED same in PowerShell. When I tried via search it gave me...
  7. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  8. Group Policy Editor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Editor: I've Win 10 Pro, I had group policy editor until I update to 1909. Now Windows says it can't find it. I don't want to have to use either a pin or a password when I restart the machine. I had that configured in 1809 but updating to 1909, hung, so a Windows Advisor reinstalled...
  9. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  10. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554