Windows 10: Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be?

Discus and support Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a two stand alone HP 15 Notebooks. One with Windows 10 Home Edition 1709 and the other with 1809. I realize the Group Policy Editor can not be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barny_Fife, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be?

I have a two stand alone HP 15 Notebooks. One with Windows 10 Home Edition 1709 and the other with 1809. I realize the Group Policy Editor can not be run on Windows 10 home edition. Many times I open services.msc and see it enabled and running. I can not stop it or disable it, the options under properties are grayed out. I can disable it in Registry. My question is...who or what is running it and setting polices? Polices I notice but can never find. Also, if Group Policy can't run in home edition, then how is it running? And why is the software even in home edition?

Its also interesting that Task Scheduler is running daily tasks geared to Windows vista and windows 8. Tasks that I dont have permission to stop, disable or remove. My notebook is 2 years old and never had the older OS on it. I removed Scheduler from the registry.

I eagerly await your expert answer.

Please, don't reply with a canned response.

:)

Barny_Fife, Apr 7, 2019

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Apr 7, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be?

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be?

1. Group Policy Editor Occasionally Runs on Windows 10 home edition, how can that be? - Similar Threads - Group Policy Editor

2. How to change group policy in HOME edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change group policy in HOME edition?: I would like to remove the yellow highlighted restitutions.* REALLY, I need to press another menu for spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-group-policy-in-home-edition/bbebd84e-5d7e-4d57-b54e-7594e433a584
  3. How to change group policy in HOME edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change group policy in HOME edition?: I would like to remove the yellow highlighted restitutions.* REALLY, I need to press another menu for spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-group-policy-in-home-edition/bbebd84e-5d7e-4d57-b54e-7594e433a584
  4. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition: Danielski,I want to enable Windows Long Path on Win 10 Home Edition and "gpedit.msc" is missing. Therefore, I need to know how to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc....
  5. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition: Danielski,I want to enable Windows Long Path on Win 10 Home Edition and "gpedit.msc" is missing. Therefore, I need to know how to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc....
  6. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

7. How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition

How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition: I've tried several different ways to download local group policy editor, and I am having no luck can someone please help?thank you,Stevie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-local-group-policy-editor-on/468fa8b0-e938-4673-be9e-0baf40f321d4
  8. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition: Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily. But using gpedit.msc does have some limits and may not work as intended. How can I try it? Using any version of Windows 10 you are able to download the installer...
  9. Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor: I have windows 10 Home installed. From what I understand is that Group Policy Editor is not available on the Home edition. However I can open it with gpd.msc. Does it mean that it works on my HOME edition?...
  10. Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home: hi, I am trying to set up my home computer with different profiles so that my kids can't access the same part of the computer as me. I am therefore trying to do this by setting up different profiles and using Group Policy Editor. However I am using Windows 10 Home edition...