Windows 10: group policy error

Discus and support group policy error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Setup a new PC for a friend on Saturday 28/11/15 Brand new desktop with Windows 10 Setup using a local Admin Account 2 days later - message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by etaf, Dec 9, 2015.

1. etaf Win User

group policy error

I Setup a new PC for a friend on Saturday 28/11/15
    Brand new desktop with Windows 10
    Setup using a local Admin Account

2 days later - message appears on starting up (after the login prompt)
    The the PC is slow to respond , would not open WLM or Chrome
    And takes 10mins to shutdown

Choose to hold the Shift Key and restart - Then Contine
    Which fixes the issue - for a few reboots !!!!

Windows 10 has also updated to 1511 Threshold 2
    Still occurs

I have tried - and with MS Chat assistance - and all have failed

1) New profile
    2) SFC /Scannow
    3) Clean Boot

I then read about and was also advised by MS of a registry change for grpsvc
    I notice the issue is that
    Group Policy Client - does not have a status of "running"
    I checked a couple of windows 10 PCs and they all have the Status "running" although none had the registry entries recommended and all have worked fine for months
    However, MS - updated and changed the registry and now we have the status of "running"

next day it gave the message and problems returned
    This time I notice that the GPC status is blank again

with a reboot using the shift key
    fixes the issue and GPC is running again

I'm at a loss what to do next
    MS have said its not a windows problem and refused to further assist - and advised to go back to the OEM
    HP have said its a windows issue

I would love to fix for my friend
    I'm thinking of just doing a factory reset - But I have read , this does not fix the issue - so could waste many hours

I just read this post
    windows couldn't connect to group policy - Windows 10 Forums

Which I may try and see if there is a space - but I have checked the registry now and it is now setup as the various GPC articles
    of course , if i do a clean factory reset - that will be removed

Thanks for any help / advice

:)

etaf, Dec 9, 2015
  2. nancy3243 Win User

windows 10 cannot turn on Windows Defender

Error 'This app is turned off by group policy. Must be enabled in group policy. HOW?

nancy3243, Dec 9, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Some settings are managed by your organization

Microsoft error messages are not famous for being helpful.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means that the setting you want to change is managed by a group policy. Unless you are able to change the group policy, you won't be able to change the setting.

Group policies were designed for corporate networks, where the organization - more likely, its IT department - decides what the policies will be. That's the "organization" that the message refers to.

Since group policies were intended for corporate networks, there isn't a group policy editor in the Home version of Windows. It exists only in the Professional, Enterprise and (I believe) Education versions.

Some group policies can be changed without the group policy editor by directly editing the Windows registry, which is a risky thing to do. Plus, you'd have to know which specific policy needs to change and what are the specific edits to make to the registry.

BulldogXX, Dec 9, 2015
  4. etaf Win User

group policy error

Update

just found an article about google chrome causing an issue
    https://productforums.google.com/for...me/qj07_IN4a7g

cleared the cache and reset the browser
    When i went to About
    Chrome tried to update and then failed and reported an error
    So i uninstalled and re-installed - perhaps chrome is the issue ?

Waited 85mins and service was stopped

the service has stopped running - But chrome & Windows live mail worked - whereas earlier they would not
    we closed chrome and reopened
    and now the service is running again

and more importantly the PC is still running well

will be playing around again tonight / tomorrow
    and keep you updated - Thanks

11/12/15 12:00
    Seems to have resolved the issue - been working 17hrs now and machine has been rebooted and switche on off a few times
    Been working now , with no issue, and chrome is now able to start the GPC service (dont know how - but thats the observation)

Thema:

group policy error

1. group policy error - Similar Threads - group policy error

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group policy: Event viewer error.Current job count for user KEN\kenst 60 is equal to or greater than job limit 50 specified through group policy.Increase per user, per computer through group policy.Tried search on internet, but no help.Can anyone tell me how to do this, simply, please?...
  5. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  6. group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    group policy: On a fresh pc build the group policy list is enormous... none on my local pc with search function. Does this all look normal? No other pc on network atm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/8b616836-4026-4a72-ab9d-deb040529ec1
  7. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  8. Group Policy Editor Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Editor Error: My Windows 10 PC just updated itself to 1703. I have a script which used to run perfectly on Shutdown, but now it does not - I just get an empty black box and nothing happens. (The script still runs fine if executed manually) When I open the Group Policy Editor to...
  9. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965
  10. Group Policy Edit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Edit Error: Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when I open group policy editor, began with build 10547 and is still happening with 10565. Any ideas what may have caused it, or...